Gaming Guide

Offler

The game cradle of rome is some times listed as being able to run under win98 the version i have (dutch version) however does not run under windows 98 due to the following missing api's

shell32.dll

SHGetFolderPathA

ole32.dll

CoWaitForMultipleHandles

It does run correctly with kernelx though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rank 2:

Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus

(SEGA / DirectX 9.0C / although error message appears, it runs when KernelEx v0.3.6 installed, but CTRL and Shift key are locked, and no CG movie playback)

Phantasy Star Universe

(SEGA / DirectX 9.0C / although error message appears, it runs with updated DirectX 9.0C, but CTRL and Shift key are locked, and no CG movie playback)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you, I already knew about that one. :( Sadly it requires a minimum videocard that I cannot find in stores anymore: nVidia 6800FX. Not even 7300FX is available around. The machine I could build for it only has a 5700FX and it threw an error related to Direct3D (under XP-SP3).

I'd bet my life on neither of Legend, Anniversary and Underworld working under 9x. :(

Thank you but I'm unable to buy online so I have to stick to real stores, be them first-hand or second-hand. I'm also short of money so it'll have to wait for a while.

Come to think about it, older games are much better; storyline is solid and can take days or weeks to complete. Nowadays' games are over in a couple hours tops, as if they were movies. Oh wait... they actually are! All recent games are half made of movies supposed to bind the chapters, blah-blah; a lame excuse for cutting down the gameplay to the point one'd rather lay back on the couch, have a beer and watch a movie. :(

O, tempora...