0x0000007B Blue Screen Error During Text Setup

judas15k

I get the same problem (BSOD) with Asus P4P800 with 865 chipset and ICH5R builded in satacontroller on the motherboard. XP Proffesional SP2 Dutch with Multiboot5.cmd

Please see here the movie (bad quality, recorded with a phone) to watch the whole thing. (it is in dutch) http://www.2shared.com/file/2944997/a1ed5b...6032008023.html

Edit: Hi there wimb B)

Edited by Solid as a rock

I get the same problem (BSOD) with Asus P4P800 with 865 chipset and ICH5R builded in satacontroller on the motherboard. XP Proffesional SP2 Dutch with Multiboot5.cmd

Please see here the movie (bad quality, recorded with a phone) to watch the whole thing. (it is in dutch) http://www.2shared.com/file/2944997/a1ed5b...6032008023.html

Did you use the modified ntdetect.com? I have your motherboard's sibling, the P4C800 and the modified ntdetect.com fixed the BSOD problem fo rme.

Did you use the modified ntdetect.com? I have your motherboard's sibling, the P4C800 and the modified ntdetect.com fixed the BSOD problem fo rme.

No, i dont have it yet. there are 3 things. i am sick now (cold in holland), and i am busy with buying parts for a complete new modern system, i dont feel like to explore and understand another program again to try to install windows what maybe dont work.

But thanks for your post. :thumbup

• 2 weeks later...
I was also having the BSoD during the TXT Mode (using Windows XP Professional with slipstreamed SP2, Polish version), but after applying the modified ntdetect.com file the BSoD is no more. Everything seems to work perfectly. Thank you!

Thanks for reporting :)

For the record, what was the hardware you were getting 0x7B on?

Sorry for the late reply.

As of hardware, do you mean the motherboard only or all the components?

The motherboard I'm using is Intel's D865PERL (quite old, yes) with 865PE chipset.

And to be honest, I didn't try installing the Windows from the USB stick before, I was just checking if the setup will actually load and it did. But when it came for installing the system I have encountered some problems... But I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post it in. I can't remember the exact message at the moment, so I'll post it later when I gather the full info about the problem.

Edited by d4rk

• 2 months later...

I am getting the HAL error and blue screen also. But what am i goiing to do with the ntdetect.com. Must i open ntdetect.com and convert it to binairy with winhex and then copy the data shown in this forum into ntdetect.com and then save it? Or what else must i do?

surfetje

the "HAL" error has NOTHING to do with NTDETECT.COM.

This may only resolve 0x0000007b error.

However to create your own modified NTDETECT.COM, if you cannot simply replicate the instructions from ilko in post #4 above:

You may try the modified ntdetect.com as mentioned here. Copy and paste all in Tiny Hexer (freeware), select HEX TEXT, save as ntdetect.com and put it in USB stick root, filesize must become 47,596 bytes.

READ the linked to posts on 911CD:

http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?sho...=19235&st=2

http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?sho...3784&st=334

AND the posts there referenced.

jaclaz

• 1 year later...
I am having the same problem. Replacing the modified ntdetect.com does not solve the problem for me.

I got it to work after I change the sata mode in bios from AHCI to compatibility. Any idea why

Honestly it puzzles me a lot. This error basically means, that your boot device is no longer accessible. Since during Text mode the boot device is your USB disk/stick, what drivers you have for your disk controller should NOT matter, it simply wouldn't find your hard disk.

The modified ntdetect.com resolves problems with some buggy BIOSes, when USB bus is reset and USB peripherals re-enumerated. Many Dells have this problem. And it makes sense to get BSOD 7B in that case.

But why your (missing?) disk controller driver causes same I can only guess- first would be driver conflicts.

What is your disk controller/motherboard?

Do you have any third-party mass storage drivers integrated in your source?

Are you using original MS windows disk as source, even if you Nlited it?

As Wimb mentioned, most of this problems are resolved by using BTS mass storage drivers pack, for me it's a must.

I also got the BSOD 7B on my Acer Aspire One (D250-0Br) with a SATA disk. Changing NOTHING else but, in the BIOS, from AHCI to IDE did the trick (curently formatting the HDD but it looks promising so far).

My problems started when using PQ magic to resize the C: ... got a question from PQM about correcting some errors.. after that I decided to skip the resizing part (got cold feets so to say) and instead go for a recovery of the disk (using eRecovery from Acer). It didn't work and it was impossible to close the program (it booted constantly directly to eRecovery).

Fdisk (from DOS7.1 on USB) could remove the partition and re create it, but WinXPproSP2 installation never worked untill I changed the BIOS as described.

So thanks for pointing that out. An easy solution to a problem I have bused my head against the whole weekend.

Thanks

[EDIT: formated: OK! .. restarted: got the "HAL.dll" error. Solved this problem by <F12> (Boot order menu) and sellecting the USB stick (now the HDD is detected and bootable so to avoid going that route I had to do this!).

1s restart booting from USB got me to the choice of sellecting "part 2 of the installation process (GUI)" but got the HAL.dll error again (I might have chosed wrong, so..) 2nd restart from USB, CAREFULLY selecting "part 2..." the installation continued fine.]

Edited by biggis

• 6 months later...

Sorry to dredge up an older thread but I'm new to the XP USB boot 0x0000007b BSOD, and my problems have gone from bad to worse. I've built my BartPE multi-software USB stick and all the apps on it work fine except the XP Recovery Console.

I got the 0x0000007b BSOD when the XP Recovery setup got to the Loading Windows screen. A poster at the msfn.org/board offered a modified NTDETECT.COM file to fix it, but after I substituted it I got a "file iaStor.sys could not be found" error and had to abort the rest of the console setup before the Loading Windows screen had a chance to display. BTW, the IASTOR.SYS file is located in my I386/SYSTEM32/DRIVERS folder of the BartPE ISO. I'd appreciate if someone could point me to a more definitive solution to these XP setup issues. Thanks.

mel2000

sorry, but I don't get it.

What has BartPE to do with SETUP from USB?

And what has Recovery Console to do with it?

Which of the various apps/methods are you using?

On which hardware?

jaclaz

What has BartPE to do with SETUP from USB?

And what has Recovery Console to do with it?

Which of the various apps/methods are you using?

On which hardware?

I created my BartPE ISO file using UBCD4Win 3.5 along with my WinXPproSP3 CD on the Vista Home Premium system on my Acer Aspire 5520 laptop. BartPE offers a multitude of rescue apps selectable from its boot menu. One of those apps offered is "Windows XP Recovery Console."

I used MultiBootISOs.exe (from the tutorial at http://www.pendrivelinux.com/boot-multiple-iso-from-usb-multiboot-usb/ ) to create a bootable USB, then added BartPE.iso and other ISOs to the Grub menu.lst configuration file which was created by MultiBootISOs.exe. All the apps within BartPE launch and work fine from the USB stick, and so do the apps I added outside of BartPE. Even the Windows Recovery Console boots OK before it bluescreens when it gets to the "Loading Windows" screen during its setup. That's the problem I'm trying to resolve. If that's not enough background I'll be happy to answer any other questions you have in regards to this issue.

Edited by mel2000

I created my BartPE ISO file using UBCD4Win 3.5
That's a UBCD4Win question and there is a UBCD4Win forum.

Recovery console use either \cmdc\ or \cmdcons\ directory.

Behaviour reminds to edited OEM windows source files.

http://ubcd4win.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5221&st=15&p=56047entry56047

If this fails still, ask at UBCD4Win forum.

Umm, as I am reading it, mel2000 is attempting to load UBCD4Win as ISO, which supposedly would not work just like that:

...I used MultiBootISOs.exe (from the tutorial at http://www.pendrivel...-multiboot-usb/ ) to create a bootable USB, then added BartPE.iso and other ISOs to the Grub menu.lst configuration file...

mel2000, read the pinned topics here:

http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?showforum=66

• 2 weeks later...

You may try the modified ntdetect.com as mentioned here. Copy and paste all in Tiny Hexer (freeware), select HEX TEXT, save as ntdetect.com and put it in USB stick root, filesize must become 47,596 bytes. I don't know other ways to give you this file without breaking forum and MS rules.

magicalsnap200802151654xe2.th.jpg

hi

i am getting Bad_Pool_header stop: 0x00000019 error, when try to install win xp from usb, exactly it shows at "setup is starting windows " screen

pls help

Regards

Vijeesh

Edited by ilko_t
Fixed quote