Http Event ID 15016 & WMI Event ID 10 (Errors)

dd_wizard

HttpEvent generates event ID 15016, "Unable to initialize the security package Kerberos for server side authentication. The data field contains the error number." This event is generated for vLite installs from the 6001.18000.080118-1840_x86fre_Client_en-us-FRMCFRE_EN_DVD.iso disc, full installs of the same disc and SP 1 updates from the stand-alone .exe file. I'm curious if it happens with the WU bits. I've tried all the above methods except for WU, and I get one event per boot on all the systems. The on-line help makes me believe it can be ignored. One technet thread suggests disabling the http service in the registry, but that breaks the printspooler. Guess we live with it for now with SP 1.

WMI Event ID 10 does NOT occur for updates from the stand-alone .exe file. However, it occurs for a full or vLite install from the 6001.18000.080118-1840_x86fre_Client_en-us-FRMCFRE_EN_DVD.iso disc. So it's not related to vLite. It's related to event filtering, but I'm not sure how to resolve it yet. Any ideas would be appreciated. Again, I get one error event per boot on full or vLite installs.

dd_wizard

Glad to hear that it is on the full one as well.

Maybe you disable some services in both situations?

Anyway you can filter the Event Log yourself, double click the even you want and then on the right play with the Filter Current Custom View.

It is just for the Custom view but still it can help during debugging.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After SP1 install, using the downloadable 5-language file, I see a pair of the following errors at each reboot...

-0-0-

Kernel-Processor-Power ID 6 SYSTEM

Some processor power management features have been disabled due to a known firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware.

HttpEvent ID 15016 SYSTEM

Unable to initialize the security package Kerberos for server side authentication. The data field contains the error number.

-0-0-

Insight on how to overcome them is welcomed.

Hi all,

The same here. All events mentioned here are not vlite related for sure. MS creating new problems with new updates as usual. I see no performance improvements with sp 1 at all.

Full or vlited install creates the same events so it is not services related as well.

For now I see that it is better to integrate a few performance hotfixes with vlite and leave sp1 for ms.

Cheers,

Alex

"ID 15016, "Unable to initialize the security package Kerberos for server side authentication"

I get this one after a clean Vista x64 SP1 install using an integrated ISO I downloaded directly from MS. The name of my ISO was:

SW_DVD5_Windows_Vista_Business_64BIT_English_64_Full_Int_MLF_X14-56048.ISO