identify motherboard , etc.

lowflynjet

is there a program I can download that will identify the motherboard

in my computer ? I dont want to open up the puter unless it is necessary . ( too much junk to unhook ) . puter is a Sony RX540

with a 1.2 celeron processor and I`m wanting to upgrade it if possible .. also , thinking about adding an AGP card , current video

is 11 meg shared , onboard , is it worth it ???

thanks for any help , Bob

Without a doubt, this has to be one of the most comprehensive PC auditors I have used, and I highly recommend it.

Homepage there:

http://www.belarc.com/Download.html#faq_s

Direct download here:

http://www.belarc.com/Programs/advisor.exe

I built my pentium 4 1.6 GHZ PC with 256 RAMbus, 80 Gig HDD, floppy DVD, CDRW, NIC, mouse keyboard, ASUS V7700 Geforce 2 64MB DDR ram, for under 600 bucks US.

no direct links to sites other than your own, thanks. -sedative[/color:3b8f1b1dd1]

Minus the monitor. So, if you want to upgrade, I'd say sell your current system, or use it as a backup and go with a new one as I did. It's cheap as hell, you get the best bang for your buck, and you leave yourself open for future upgrades! Your PC, if you can't afford a brand new system, should be able to upgrade to a smoking unit for under 400 Bucks. You could go cheaper, but then 1 year down the road, its time to buy new again. DOnt GO CHEAP, get genuine parts, genuine QUALITY

WHAT I WOULD DO IF YOU DONT GO BRAND NEW

nividia Geforce3 TI 200 64MB DDR Titanium w/ Support directX 8.1 STOCK -STOCK -manual, cd driver thermaltake cooling fan attached , 3d mark2000,manual ,cd driver bulk $ 139

Samsung PRICE FOR ONLINE ORDERS ONLY - PC1600 DDR 512MB 64X72 184PIN DIMM (200MHz) ECC REGISTERED 64x72 DDR CAS2.5 ECC REGISTERED SAMSUNG DRAM CHIPS ON 6LAYERS BOARD $ 115 10.95 INSURED

(SOCKET 423) Pentium® 4 1.7GHz (1700MHz) - SAME STEP GUARANTEED ON MULTIPLE CPUS INCLUDES 30 Day Dealer Warranty - 400MHz FSB - 256K - OEM - 1.7 GHz (1700 MHz) $ 154 $8.80 TOTAL S/H NO MATTER HOW MANY, UPS GROUND

to be honest I would sell your MOBO and CPU on ebay or to an enemy, ang go with an upgrade to a AMD MOBO CPU COMBO

K7S5A Retail Box 2 yr warranty SOCKET A MB w/AUDIO/LAN 2 DDR/SDRAM 5P,1AMR,1A, UDMA100 Instock with cpu - ATHLON XP 1800+,1.53GHZ 266MHz, AX1800DMT3C w/ Heatsink & Fan. $ 192

Enjoy,

Big Booger

Prices quoted directly from pricewatch.com 2/5/02[/size:3b8f1b1dd1]