Critical Updates Feb 12th SP1

OliverBGD

Is it just me or is everyone with intergrated SP1 not seeing todays critical updates?

Here is the link to it:

Critical Updates

That's because none of the updates for February affect SP1 or S2008.

"Windows Vista SP1 and Windows Server 2008 are not affected by any of today's bulletins."
Edited by Arneh

"Windows Vista SP1 and Windows Server 2008 are not affected by any of today's bulletins. They're not affected because they are not yet available to the public." The bolded text is what worries me, is it included in SP1 or are we who run SP1 not affected because Microsoft didn't implement SP1 updates in their update utility yet?

"Windows Vista SP1 and Windows Server 2008 are not affected by any of today's bulletins. They're not affected because they are not yet available to the public." The bolded text is what worries me, is it included in SP1 or are we who run SP1 not affected because Microsoft didn't implement SP1 updates in their update utility yet?

"They're not affected because they are not yet available to the public." is not a part of the quote from Tim Rains' statement. It was something CNET added themselves and did a pretty poor job at wording it in my opinion.

Nevertheless, if you actually read the bulletins, you'll see that MS lists Vista SP1 and S2008 as Non-Affected software to those vulnerabilities.

For example:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/...n/ms08-008.mspx

Non-Affected Software

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (all editions)

Windows Server 2008 (all editions)

Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac

etc.