Noisy CPU fan

dwarfer

The CPU fan on my pc is annoyingly noisy, it really puts you off the game your playing or film ect....

Does anyone know of a good replacement fan or processor that is virtually silent and cheap?

Thanks.

Edited by dwarfer

Check your BIOS for any Q-Fan or Cool'n'Quiet related options. They're usually in the hardware monitoring sections. If you have them, enable them. It should make it so that the CPU fan only speeds up when needed.

If you can't find any options that help you out, your next best bet is to replace the stock heatsink. What kind of motherboard and CPU do you have?

Does anyone ever start by taking into consideration that fans are noisy because they're running full speed because they're dusty? Not always the case, but I've seen that more often then not be the case.

Does anyone ever start by taking into consideration that fans are noisy because they're running full speed because they're dusty? Not always the case, but I've seen that more often then not be the case.

I've checked and It definatly isn't dust thats the problem, I'll check the mobo make and that tommorrow as I don't have access to my PC right now.