RVS4000 Like Router with vpn that actually works

joeyg2391

Hi,

I have an RVS4000 and love the feature set which blocks all kinds of traffice from my network. I have a w2k3 vpn server that allows my remote users to gain access to my network but the problem is this router doesnt let users connect. I have the right ports fowarded to my server and when i switch routers uing my netgear router everything works fine. Im using L2TP/IPSEC for VPN. My basic home netgear router handles this without any problems but i lose the IPS security that the rvs4000 provides. I spent numberous hours on the phone with Linksys tech support and frankly they were useless. i got a replacement router from them which had the same problem even with the latest firmware. So i ask for your help in recommending me a similar router that can block bit torrent and have the same security features as the rvs4000.

I haven't used one of these but it should be able to do what you want. Check to make sure that the correct ports are forwarded and that TCP/UDP is selected appropriately. There may also be an option in the firewall dialog pertaining to VPNs. Try toggling that.