Good Processor

Nerwin

I'd recommend the Gigabyte P35 series over the Abit boards. Abit's quality was good about 5 years ago, but they've fallen off the mark. If you're going to spend nearly $200 on a motherboard, make it a good P35 setup, or if you can wait, X38.

I'd recommend the Gigabyte P35 series over the Abit boards. Abit's quality was good about 5 years ago, but they've fallen off the mark. If you're going to spend nearly $200 on a motherboard, make it a good P35 setup, or if you can wait, X38.

Indeed, You will need a solid mobo with the p35 chipset. I'd go with gigabyte, its actually a great solid board with a lot of overclocking options. I have dealt with gigabyte in the past and they plain sucked but this is the exception I can not fault it. I run my E2140 also @ 3.2GHz. A new cooler is a must though

plenty of people on ocuk have got the 2140's at 3.2ghz with the stock cooler
It’s possible, but getting hot under full load, 70oC+ or they have there windows open (not the OS :P) in the winter and get 50oC.
I would love to do that but my mobo is "Locked" into 800 fsb it can go higher but only for "approved" cpus.
Time for a new mobo? :yes:
Yes, all Intel chipsets "normally" support only Crossfire.

By the way, do your self a favor and buy the GA-P35-DS3L and save a lot, great OC board for less then 100USD ;). The only thing you get with the X38 is Crossfire, PCI-E 2.0, extra PCI-E lanes, a bit better ICH (10) and a FSB of 1600 (but even a good P35 can do 2000MHz IF your RAM can pull it), also the X38 will empty your pocket better with 250USD and up...