6001.18000.080118-1840_x86fre_Client_en-us-FRMCFRE_EN_DVD + Vlite = OK

oskingen

I have just installed vista SP1 (6001.18000.080118-1840_x86fre_Client_en-us-FRMCFRE_EN_DVD.iso), of course a vlite version. And I just want to tell to everybody that everything went fine. Don't be afraid if you have any doubt, you can do it :)

- Just one thing for Nuhi. The product key that I entered in vlite doesn't match with the one inside the unattend file. I always have to change it manually in the file. I installed from an usb flash key and even with the user Account configured I was prompt to enter my name. That's it, the rest is ok!

Last_Session.ini

Edited by hannubys

hannubys, the iso you are talking about, is it a reliable and clean iso ? What I mean is if it comes directly from MS with no change, hack... applied to it ? I have a legit Vista Business license and I'm just waiting for a good Vista SP1 iso so I can vlite it and do a clean install.

hannubys, the iso you are talking about, is it a reliable and clean iso ? What I mean is if it comes directly from MS with no change, hack... applied to it ? I have a legit Vista Business license and I'm just waiting for a good Vista SP1 iso so I can vlite it and do a clean install.

Yes, it's a clean install and reliable iso. Not a registry hack.

Actually, it didn't work for me. The setup just halts near the beggining leaving me with a cursor and the blue Vista background, and nothing else. Rather odd.

Emailed Nuhi, apparently he hasn't heard of this. Kinda annoying that I wasted 3 discs, but oh well, I'll just go straight to the full bloated copy.

hannubys, I had the same issues when booting of the USB hdd so try a DVDRW or something for the unattended to fully work. I don't believe that the CDKEY can be entered wrongly. If you can confirm with some bogus key and post the instructions here how to check for that that would be great.

hannubys, I had the same issues when booting of the USB hdd so try a DVDRW or something for the unattended to fully work. I don't believe that the CDKEY can be entered wrongly. If you can confirm with some bogus key and post the instructions here how to check for that that would be great.

I don't know neither how it's possible but the key I enter in vlite is not the same that appears in the unattend file. After that I made some tests and even without enter a key I still have a key in the unattend file and always the same. Just like if some settings was loaded every time I rebuild the ISO. I have this error since vlite 1.1

Edited by hannubys

hannubys, that means you selected the Skip Product Key option which then enters legal trial key which you have to change and activate in 30 days.

You will notice that your product key box is disabled when that option is checked.

hannubys, that means you selected the Skip Product Key option which then enters legal trial key which you have to change and activate in 30 days.

You will notice that your product key box is disabled when that option is checked.

You're right Nuhi! I always did that. Now I know :thumbup

Well, I installed a vlited version of the same and the installation went fine but the Welcome Screen comes back and so does Sidebar. Then when I tried to install my drivers or any other program I got an error message that something was wrong with the windows installer and couldn't install anything. And of course I had removed all of the drivers with VLite and so I couldn't get on the internet or anything. So until all the bugs and kinks are worked out I'm going to wait for a new version of VLite.

Last_Session.ini

krash56, what you say isn't possible. Welcome Screen and Sidebar came back? I don't see any of these removed in your preset.

Maybe you did that thing where people think that Unecheck means Remove? It's Selected = Removed as stated in the page title.

Oh and very important keep DEP at Default just for precaution, it's known to mess up many things if switched.

Edited by nuhi