How to check is Vista DVD Microsoft Preintegrated

mara-

I borrowed Vista SP1 copy from my friend just to check improvements. I don't know how he obtained it, so I want to check is it Microsoft preintegrated copy or it is reverse integrated. Can someone tell me how to check this? And I know that this is not vLite specific question, but when integration is topic first you think is vLite.

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-

It's a slippery slope to talk about borrowing DVDs. (please don't explain further)

vLite will display version info below the Browse area, sp1 is 6.0.6001.x, it will also write (Service Pack 1).

In a preintegrated disc from MS all the setup files are version 6.0.6001.1800.

In a reverse integrated disc the setup files will be 6.0.6000.16386. Only the install.wim file is updated to sp1.

preintegrated is better.

the setup is a little different with a different image available to set as the background.

Edited by jaws75

It's a slippery slope to talk about borrowing DVDs. (please don't explain further)

I know what you think, and don't worry I wont explain further.

And thank you both for info.

Cheers ;)

jaws75, my reverse integrated has the proper SP1 version listed. vLite reads that from the install.wim.

You misunderstood what I meant nuhi.

All the install files on the DVD like setup.exe and all the .dll files have been updated by MS. In a reverse integrated disc only the install.wim is updated. All the rest of the install files will still be original RTM.

setup.exe from a MS sp1 disc (x64). ( I also have x86 sp1 and they are updated too).

post-94394-1202611933_thumb.jpg

Edited by jaws75

Oh that, ok thx for the explanation, that's true.

But if you don't have any issues with the setup process it is all the same, what's important is in the install.wim, setup files don't get used after install.

ah nuhi, been a while ;)

the integrated DVD has the following:

The boot.wim image has mostly 6001.18000 files

The install.wim image has mostly 6001.18000 files

Most other files on the disc are 6001.18000 as well

The servicing stack is different, but 6000.16386 files are also on the disc, probably for backwards compatibility

There are a number of extra Packages in the install.wim but I forgot to check the boot.wim

Some of the Components have extra features, but nothing shocking, DisableWER is nice (error reporting off)

I think you need the new servicing stack ON THE DISC if you want to integrate post-SP1 updates or use the new unattended features

Edited by jdeboeck

jdeboeck, salute.

Don't worry about the servicing stack, vLite and Vista during setup automatically uses the newest found, it all works just fine, all the setup files are unimportant if you don't have issues like some people with 3gb+ of RAM.