nLite 1.4.1 and Time Zones

rninneman

I have used nLite 1.4.1 to slipstream hotfixes, drivers, IE7, and WMP11 to XP Home, Pro, and MCE. (Not on the same machine.) I have tried all three version on different machines and get the same problem. Even though I select Eastern time (GMT -5:00) during the installation, when Windows boots, it always ends up as Kabul (GMT +4:30). I am fairly confident it is not anything I am doing because I have tried 3 different version of XP on several different machines and always get the same result. Btw, I am not using any of nLite's tweaking and tuning options; just hotfix and driver slipstreaming. My guess is that this is a bug in nLite. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Since nLite reads those zones automatically and integrating some hotfixes changes those files then try this:

integrate what you integrate usually, then after it's done rerun nlite and configure the rest. It should be fine then.

Gonna see about rereading the updated files on the fly so this double run isn't necessary.

I had the same issue as you, travelling to Kabul during the install.

There are several updates (and maybe security updates, would need to check) that deal with time zones. Integrating all of them with nLite lead to the issue. To fix it I just kept the most recent update to integrate with nLite.

• 4 months later...

Well it took almost a day of trials to track this down to this thread, but it seems this problem still exists. I was wondering why the timezone setting in my winnt.sif which had always worked was now giving a time zone of Kabul!

It seems that it comes down to KB942763, at least on my system

It will also affect WU as well when the time is off.

I hope there is a solution, i will try the post installation suggestion but it would be nice to have it integrated the first time

Thanks

Well it took almost a day of trials to track this down to this thread, but it seems this problem still exists. I was wondering why the timezone setting in my winnt.sif which had always worked was now giving a time zone of Kabul!

It seems that it comes down to KB942763, at least on my system

It will also affect WU as well when the time is off.

I hope there is a solution, i will try the post installation suggestion but it would be nice to have it integrated the first time

Thanks

I used to have that same problem and i got to the conclusion,

that the issue source it is in deed the KB942763, the solution it is not to integrate it...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nuhi - any chance that you can integrate this one without it defaulting to Kabul Timezone?

It Seems the new patch is;

KB951072

which replaces the old patch

KB942763

thanks

Edited by TwoJ

This morning I made another test, this time with positive outcome. :P

I describe you the procedure as following:

1- Windows SP3 integration over a WinXP without any SP (NLITE 1.48)

2- WMP11 + WMPHotFixes integration (WMP11 Slipstreamer v.1.3.4.2)

3- Hotfixes, IE7 and DX9 integration (NLITE 1.48)==>>(kb892130-enu-KB898461-IE7(original-not-ADDON)-KB951066-KB952287-KB951698-KB950762-KB951376-v2-KB951978-KB951748-KB953839-KB952954-KB951618-KB951072-KB950974-DirectX9.c_Ago2008.cab)

4- KB951072 integration using Microsoft method: KB951072.exe /integrate:D:\WinXp\Sp3\XP.....NB:[D:\WinXp\Sp3\XP]is the directory that contain the 'I386' directory)

5- Drivers integration (DriverPacks BASE 8.05)

6- Option and Tweaks application (NLITE 1.48)

7- Make ISO (UltraISO 9.1.2)

B)

Finally I think that to resolve the problem has been necessary the Microsoft method integration of KB951072....that is possible, if i don't mistake, with nLite too unselecting 'Direct HotFixes integration' in 'advanced setting' in 'HotFixes & Addons' section.

Edited by pippopelo666

• 3 months later...

With Nlite 1.4.9.1 and the new update (kb951072-v2) the problem persist.

Another method to round on the problem is to exclude the integration of the original kb951072-v2 and integrate it making an add-on with Nlite Add-On Maker.

Or use my Patch that simply set again your wished timezone.

Edited by pippopelo666