Vista SP1 integration

UncleBuck

Hi guys I have the SP1 rtm dvd, and my AUSUS dvd, looking at them they look the same type of format, can I just combine the new files from the rtm into my oem dvd to get a SP1 OEM dvd. The file structure is exacaly the same so it would just be updating the files, wouldnt it ?

I am a beta tester so it is not pirated.

Its just the lay out of the dvd is the same as my OEM////also its the full dvd not just the sp1 upgrade

FRMCFRE_EN_DVD

2.975 gig

EFI

BOOT

SOURCES

SUPPORT

UPGRADE

-----------------------------

VISTA_ASUS

2.550 gig

BOOT

EFI

SOURCES

SUPPORT

UPGRADE

OEM FOLDER

OUTBOX_DRIVERS

I was thinking on just putting/overwriting the sources folder on the OEM with the new SP1 as all the other files seem the same, its the sources folder thats 400mg larger...

cheer's

Edited by UncleBuck

Well I extracted the image files of both dvds to seperate folders sp1 & asus.....I copied all sp1 into asus folder overwriting all files & merging others. I ran vlite to rebuild the iso and on the install updates tab, on the bottom pane already installed updates there all there, even SP1 Release Candate, double click it and it takes you to Ms info page which describes all about the sp1 release candate... so I think I have rebuilt my ASUS OEM DVD with SP1 ....

Google is your friend, take advantage of it. ;)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

The Windows Automated Installation Kit (Windows AIK) is designed to help corporate IT professionals customize and deploy the Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 family of operation systems. By using Windows AIK, you can perform unattended Windows installations, capture Windows images with ImageX, and create Windows PE images.

Edited by war59312

DONE IT....WORKS LIKE A DREAM.......

As Ms said, just copy the new files, over writing the files on the ASUS DVD, I now have a fully integrated SP1 copy of my ASUS OEM Vista Ultimate

I can't see why Ms took it down grom the Connect site, I guess I was just lucky to get it. I wonder if its the one the OEM system builders got ?

it boils down too, Ms could have allowed intergration if they wanted.

Windows Vista SP1 x86 32bit

CRC32: 57AD43FB

MD5: E230F3DCD78E462DBF1DD538FC70FF2A

SHA-1: 79F3FD5DB332B4464D8EBC54DA68BE8EFFD760C4

Windows Vista SP1 x64 64bit

CRC32: 248BA1B7

MD5: EEAFD59069B0DBB489F7B9CA63DBC678

SHA-1: 908983C5CD8C1112EE452A0A907B546CC70C9D8B

Edited by war59312

• 1 month later...

Here is the tool called "Vista Update Integrator" beta 3. I tested it with x86 32 bit all five major verson to integrate Service Pack 1. Takes some time but integrate flawlessly. It made with dot net framework. I do not have 64 bit system. Please somebody test it on 64 bit system.

Interface is like "vLite"

Enjoy. Post comment about this.

Download Here ( 4 MB only dot net 3.5 included)