I need an English to French translation

NOTS3W

This is a St. Valentine's Day request. I know there are lots of people here from many countries. Hopefully I can get a few of you to translate this sentence:

Love is friendship set on fire.

Evidently, that's an English translation of a French proverb. When I try to translate it back to French, I get several variations depending on which online translator I use. Some translate back again to English correctly, others translate into a slightly different message.

How would you translate it?

Thanks.

Ray

I would say : l'amour est une amitiée passionelle.

or : l'amour est une amitiée brulante.

something like that..

Thank you. But I think that translates to Love is a passionate friendship. or Love is a burning friendship.

Something seems to be getting lost there. When I use online translators for the original sentence Love is friendship set on fire. , I get:

L'amour est l'amitié mis le feu. which translates back to: Love is friendship set on fire. (Google)

L'amour est amitié réglée sur le feu. which translates back to: The love is friendship regulated on fire. (AltaVista / Babel Fish)

L'amour est la série d'amitié sur le feu. which translates back to: Love is the srie of amiti on the fire. (FreeTranslation)

L'amour est amitié réglée sur le feu. which translates back to: The love is friendship regulated on fire.(Applied Language)

It looks like Google at least gets back to the original sentence assuming its French translation is correct. Do you agree that L'amour est l'amitié mis le feu. translates to Love is friendship set on fire.? If so, I'll go with that.

Thanks.

Thanks to each of you.

L'amour est l'amitié mis le feu.

L'amour est amitié mis le feu.

L'amour est l'amitié mis en feu.

They all seem to translate to Love is friendship set on fire, so any of them will work for my purposes. Just out of curiosity, what's the difference between l'amitié and amitié, and between le feu and en feu? If you don't want to give me a French lesson, I understand. ;)

Ray