possible bug? aero disappears in SP1

rebelo

Hi,

I've just tried this three times tonight. After vliting a Vista x64 SP1 integrated (RTM) I don't get Aero anymore. Video drivers are the newest available- nvidia 169.25 forceware. With Vista x64 (without SP1) I always get Aero even without Windows SAT.

I tried vliting again leaving SAT intact. Didn't work either. I only get Windows Classic and Windows Vista Basic, not even a clue about Aero. Any hint of what this could be?

Thanks in advance,

Rebêlo.

Besides your local issue unrelated to vLite only other thing can be removal of Desktop Windows Manager but you would have to skip Aero compatibility option, dependency warning and description to remove it "by accident".

I just read that MS has reported issues with network, graphics and audio drivers after installing the SP. So their recommendation is to just reinstall the drivers. Have you attempted to reinstall the video drivers after installing the SP? Hope that helps

Since you didn't remove Aero then lets cover the basics, did you check the Desktop right - click - Personalize - Windows Color and Appearance - Color Scheme

is there "Windows Aero" on the list?

Also go to the System - Advanced - Performance Settings - Adjust for Best Appearance

then again go to the Personalize and reselect Aero scheme.

None?

If it's not on the list then either your GPU isn't properly installed or Aero is removed.

2k8 isn't supported in component removals.

Best would be to find force glass tweak and apply it. I hope you're not testing all that in the virtual machine because it can't actually see your real GPU.