Wipe a bootsector from a drive in WinPE 2.0

redfive19

Hi all,

I've been trying to remove the Pre-Boot Authentication client that PointSec Full disk encryption installs. Basically, here's what I've done:

• Unlocked the drive using the procedure given to us by PointSec (I have full read/write access to the drive)
  • Boot into WinPE 2.0
  • Wipe the drive using DISKPART clean all
  • Apply the new image using Imagex

When I reboot, I'm still prompted with the PBA (PointSec). I've tried using GDISK32 to zero out the drive as well. The vendor is saying that FIXBOOT will work but FIXBOOT isn't in PE 2.0. This is an automated process that needs to stay in PE 2.0. Any ideas guys?!? Thanks!

-redfive

Hi all,

I've been trying to remove the Pre-Boot Authentication client that PointSec Full disk encryption installs. Basically, here's what I've done:

• Unlocked the drive using the procedure given to us by PointSec (I have full read/write access to the drive)
  • Boot into WinPE 2.0
  • Wipe the drive using DISKPART clean all
  • Apply the new image using Imagex

When I reboot, I'm still prompted with the PBA (PointSec). I've tried using GDISK32 to zero out the drive as well. The vendor is saying that FIXBOOT will work but FIXBOOT isn't in PE 2.0. This is an automated process that needs to stay in PE 2.0. Any ideas guys?!? Thanks!

-redfive

Switches: GDisk

Question/Issue:

This document describes the switches that can be used with the GDisk utilities, GDisk.exe, and GDisk32.exe.

Solution:

GDisk is a DOS program with seven main operations. This document describes the options available for each operation. The seven operations are:

* Display partition information (/STATUS)

* Create a partition (/CRE)

* Delete a partition (/DEL)

* Activate or deactivate a partition (/ACT and /-ACT)

* Hide or unhide a partition (/HIDE and /-HIDE)

* Reinitialize the master boot record (/MBR)

* Wipe the disk surface (/DISKWIPE)

So maybe /MBR option will do for you?