BSOD on Vista Ult x64 vlite load screen.........

ColdFlo

Is there a problem?

I'm using Vista x64 with nVidia drivers integrated and they are installed automatically.

But you are maybe using a beta version (169.28) which then will require F8 - Disable Driver Signature Forcing on each reboot, that's Vista x64 policy.

Try the latest official WHQL signed (169.25)

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_169.25_whql.html

Is there a problem?

I'm using Vista x64 with nVidia drivers integrated and they are installed automatically.

But you are maybe using a beta version (169.28) which then will require F8 - Disable Driver Signature Forcing on each reboot, that's Vista x64 policy.

Try the latest official WHQL signed (169.25)

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_169.25_whql.html

Actually, you're wrong about the need for F8 when loading beta video drivers. Since video drivers are USER MODE, signed drivers are not required. Signature enforcement only applies to kernel mode drivers.

Oh, right...but if it isn't installed during install then it is the limitation because of non-whql. 169.25 works fine here, and I vaguely remember that one of the beta drivers didn't install during setup but I'm not using beta drivers for a long time so it can go either way.

I presume the problem is that display driver was "Standard VGA". If you are using beta driver install it manually after install.

I get a window asking me to install unsigned driver I clicked no the second time and still same thing happened. Well I don't see anyone else having the same problem with sp1 so I guess I'll just have to do it again. Not sure whats happening because on all my vlites my drivers never install...... Anyway thanks for your time. Also, the nforce drivers dont seemt to be installing either but maybe thats just storage I read something about raid driver being TEXTMODE, but I guess those were troublesome with me on nlite as well. Regardless I still very much appreciate nlite and vlite as they made plane old vista a great os for me to game on and I'm sure when I nail this it will be even better. This kernel is god. Oh by the way is it just me or does windowblinds make vista and xp a little faster?

Edited by ColdFlo