Virtual PC on Linux

blusky1

The Virtual Server we are testing seems to have a Virtual Ethernet Adapter, such as vnet0 or veeth0.

We can assign a single physical NIC to a VPC to run in Promiscuous Mode install. However this is not the solution we are looking for, we would like to have our software run on many Virtual PCs which seems to tell us that we need a real eth0 or eth1 network interface with a real mac address.

What we are searching for is a Virtual PC source which has a real Ethernet Adapter not bridged to the physical adapter.

Virtual PC in Windows runs straight through without any complications with virtual adapters, with real mac addresses.

Does anyone have experience with a application like this? Or can you steer us in the right direction with a VPC resource.

Thank you,

:hello:

On linux i have never had a problem with VMWare for virtualisation. I have used it with bridging o physical connections withot issue.

Im not quite sure what you were asking

What we are searching for is a Virtual PC source which has a real Ethernet Adapter not bridged to the physical adapter.
(im a little tired). But for what i can gather you want a NIC in the VM without a brigde to a physical connection?????

• 3 weeks later...