Anyone know the final build number for the Vista SP1 RTM?

ColdFlo

I heard it was 6001.18000.080126-2040 but, when I msgd those that had it the told me it was a fake. I heard 6001.18000.080126-1840 has a major bug which leaves me wondering which one it is. I've looked all over I don't think anyone has it yet. Figured this would be a good way to start off a thread on this because I can't wait to run vlite 1.1 on it and frankly this forum has more knowledge on this than anyone else. All help greatly appreciated. Please lets avoid disinformation. :)

I read the same thing concerning 1840, but the official word from Microsoft, according to T h e H o t f i x . n e t, is "we’re not commenting on the build number."

:huh:

EDIT: Link Deleted. what the heck? no matter what I type in for a link, it gets changed to s.p.a.m.net! Even plain-text addresses! What's going on?

Edited by DrewWinters

Forgive me for being skeptical, but how exactly do you have an official CD of the final build of SP1 when it was only finalized a few days ago? Why would a hologram'd CD of SP1 even exist?

That's classified information! ;)

*cough cough*

But why would they ever bother to make hologram'd CD's of SP1? It will be a free download - why bother with holograms? It will be available online, why CD's at all? A regular burner or inkjet label-maker can't make holograms - why would they keep that sort of equipment on the main campus? How could it have come back from whatever factory makes the CD's so quickly after the code was finalized?

These are honest questions - I'll admit there may well be a good answer for all of them - I'm just skeptical... for the moment. If I were trying to call a bluff, I would call it - not ask questions. I really hate that things like that get totally lost in text... and here I am, hoping to learn how to write. Go figure...

But that's not why I was saying "what?" That was in response to ColdFlo saying "SP1 is god. Tried 2 vlites so for no dice........" What are you trying to say, friend?

Edited by cluberti
Edited to keep my secret :)

But why would they ever bother to make hologram'd CD's of SP1? It will be a free download - why bother with holograms?

Those are FULL Vista w\sp1 integrated disks. Not just sp1.

Plus MS went RTM with it so they already have thousands printed out and on their way (if not there already) to the big companies like Dell, HP and such..

Edited by cluberti
Edited to keep my secret :)

statement from MS on connect:

Windows Vista SP1 build 18000 is indeed the RTM build. We were hoping

build 18000 we released to you (WU only) was the final build and as it happens we

didn't have to break the glass, the build didn't change at all from the time

we released it to you and our final sign-off on Monday morning this week.

What you got is what we're all running our Vista machines here internally -

we definitely RTM'd :)

You've probably all read that we are targeting mid-March to release SP1

standalone on the download center and push SP1 out via WU. We've seen a lot

of requests from our tech beta for bits on Connect before hand we're still

trying to get approval for that, so stay tuned.

We apologize for the confusion over the final build - build 18000, Vista SP1

RTM.

Regards,

Jeff

question, will microsoft replace current dvd's with new dvd's with service pack 1 integrated?

Eventually, yes, the retail channels will sell of the RTM copies and the SP1 copies will take their place. Won't happen for awhile though, I'd guess.

Sorry about the post edits everyone, but I don't want this info searchable on the internet. Please keep this to yourselves.