Virtual memory Low

Aylen

Hey everyone,

I hope someone can help me out. I am trying to test a custom made XP install disc using a virtual machine program (virtualbox). I can get through the text mode of formatting and copying files over, but as soon as it hits the user interface, it comes up with the error of virtual memory low and the machine restarts and tries to go through the installation again.

Any ideas on what could be causing this problem?

Thanks,

Aylen

too low on the virtual machine or too low in my system? There is no notification on the computer, only in the virtual machine and there is no way to change it until it loads into windows, which it can't because I get that error

Any solutions (besides the obvious of cranking up the virtual memory) would be appreciated!

Thanks again,

Aylen

too low on the virtual machine or too low in my system? There is no notification on the computer, only in the virtual machine and there is no way to change it until it loads into windows, which it can't because I get that error

Any solutions (besides the obvious of cranking up the virtual memory) would be appreciated!

Thanks again,

Aylen

You should never get that error during install unless you're installing with less than the minimum requirements. Which means I have to ask - how much RAM did you give the VM?

192 mb which is enough. I use to run XP on a 486 with 64mb of ram (extremely slow) but still ran

Anyways, I solved this problem. Just had to increase my Virtual Memory as stated.

Another problem I am having now is when I do my installation, there is quite a few that are not being copied over. I made a custom install cd using nLite, setting my own drivers, and adding in the IE7 install. I can get a list of files later tonight when I try it again.

Aylen