gamepad problem

SilverArrow

I have just finished making an nlite copy of windows xp. Everything seemed to work ok except for my logitech rumble 2 game pad controller. I installed the logitech driver and everything works ok, then when I try to use it with a game. It seems that the commands are not being passed to the game. For example most games have keyboard keys for move ment like W=forward, s=backward, a= left and d=right. I set up the game profiler to mimic these keyboard keys, but the games are not seeing the keys when I press the command on the controller. If I press the key directly on the keyboard, it works. When the game profiler is running I see the keys pressed on the controller, the commands are not being passed to the game.

The only stuff that looks like might be needed are: Images and Backgrounds,TCP/IP Services.

Env = 1.4 - 2.0.50727.42.Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

Target = Windows XP Professional SP2 - 5.1.2600.2180 - English (United States)

Edited by SilverArrow

I put back the following and but the gamepad issue problem is still unsolved, also I can't seem to get Human interface device access service to start. The gamepad works with any windows game that has builtin support for a gamepad, but it doesn't work any more for games that needs to go through the game profiler.

-

- Images and Backgrounds

- Simple TCP/IP Services

- universal plug and play host

Edited by SilverArrow

I went over everyhting 3 times, but I still can't figure what I removed that was needed for my game controller to work with games. Games with built-in support for gamepads work perfectly, it's just getting the profiler to work.

I even tried Pinnacle, xadder and joy2key but all didn't work. Nlite removed something that was needed, but I don't know what.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by SilverArrow

Thanks Nighted, but can you tell me if your game profiler still works in games that doesn't support gamepads. That is where the gamepad is emulating keyboard commands?

ok, finally I added back character map and this worked for my Logitech game profiler software. So Problem solved after many days of testing.

Edited by SilverArrow

Thanks Nighted, but can you tell me if your game profiler still works ii games that doesn't support gamepads. That is where the gamepad is emulating keyboard commands?

ok, finally I added back character map and this worked for my Logitech game profiler software. So Problem solved after many days of and testing.

Nah, I don't use the game profiler. I don't like it at all. I'll stick with XPadder. :)

Glad you got it fixed.

• 3 months later...