SFC/WFP Popup

glatzfront

In May of 07 I created an unattended install CD using nLite 1.3 with an OEM XP Home SP2 recovery CD. I was amazed that this could be done and a big thanks to those who are responsible for this project.

I have had only one issue and after searching the boards I can see that it was a long standing one, the SFC/WFP popup. Many many posts on this and I was wondering if someone could guide me to the fix for this. I'm not wanting to create another install CD but I would like to know how to repair my OS if possible. Is there a fix other than turning off WFP.?

Thanks

Only you can do is create new CD with nLite 1.4.1 since in this version that problem is solved.

Cheers ;)

That means I would have to reinstall several OSs and it isn't that big of a hassel.

If I understood what exactly was causing the problem the I might could find a solution?

HE meant you should google for it...

To disable Window File Protection add or edit the dword value "SFCDisable" to read 0xffffff9d, to enable it the value is 0x00000000. This does not disable the SFC utility, SFC.exe located in the System32 folder.

To increase the amount of space WFP is allowed to store files in the dllcache folder add or edit the dword value of "SFCQuota" and set it to the size you want to use in megabytes. The Default setting is 0xffffffff. You can use the decimal setting to set the size you want. entire 200 for 200 megabytes of space.

To change the location of the dllcache folder add or edit the Expandable String value "SFCDllCacheDir" value to what ever path you want. If you move it to D:\MyBackups\Dllcache the entire D:\MyBackups. If this Key does not Exist you can create a String value instead. If you want to use the default value just delete the Key or create a new Expandable String Key and set it to %SystemRoot%\System32

You can have Windows display a progress meter during its scans by adding or editing the dword value "SFCShowProgress" and set it to 0x00000001 (1) to disable it set it to 0x00000000 (0). I like the little window myself.

You can also tell SFC how to scan, add or edit the value "SFCScan", 0 to disable it, 1 to scan every boot, and 2 to scan once. This Key is effects the scanning only not the background running of the Windows File Protection.

Thank you for your replies and the information but I'm not understanding or I'm not asking the question correctly.

Yes, I can disable sfc but this isn't my first choice.

I don't want to create another CD.

I want to repair my operating systems if possible but I don't understand what exactly is causing the sfc popups. What is the error that nlite has caused? Can this be repaired?

Thank you for your replies and the information but I'm not understanding or I'm not asking the question correctly.

Yes, I can disable sfc but this isn't my first choice.

I don't want to create another CD.

I want to repair my operating systems if possible but I don't understand what exactly is causing the sfc popups. What is the error that nlite has caused? Can this be repaired?

Anybody?

Are you advanced with computers/internet? are you installing malicous applications or unsigned drivers? if your advanced you could disable some uneeded drivers (usin google help) in nlite which your computer does not use, this might solve it. At least u'd be creating one recovery disk not multiples of tests.

Edited by maly1