Vista SP1 RTM ....Formal Release on Monday Feb 4 .... Slipstream ?

benifin

The following Vista+SP1 integrated ISO's are out on MSDN/MS Connect:

6001.18000.080118-1840_x86fre_Client_en-us-FRMCFRE_EN_DVD.iso

6001.18000.080118-1840_amd64fre_Client_en-us-FRMCXFRE_EN_DVD.iso

6001.18000.080118-1840_x86fre_Business_en-us_VL-FRMBVOL_EN_DVD.iso

6001.18000.080118-1840_x86fre_Enterprise_en-us_VL-FRMEVOL_EN_DVD.iso

Is it possible to vLite these without running into problems?

blerk, from another Vista yes.

From XP check this thread:

http://www.msfn.org/board/vLite-Vista-SP1-t111854.html

Basically if you run vLite from XP keep the Dynamic Volume Manager and ignore registry load error popup. Gonna fix that but since from another Vista it works fine I'm not in the rush so I'm waiting for more bug reports.

Edited by nuhi

Basically if you run vLite from XP keep the Dynamic Volume Manager and ignore registry load error popup.

I ran vLite in WinFLP (which basically is XP "light" that MS built from XP Embedded) and removed the Dynamic Volume Manager and it worked/installed fine with no errors in vLite or during setup using the x86 preintegrated 080118...

Settings included as attachment.

I've got another issue though. It seems it keeps forgetting my Network Share login passwords after reboots even if I select the checkbox to remember the password.

Last_Session.ini

I've got another issue though. It seems it keeps forgetting my Network Share login passwords after reboots even if I select the checkbox to remember the password.

Mine as well. But please search before asking:

http://www.latestintech.com/vista-wont-rem...work-passwords/

There are plenty of reports so seems it's a Vista bug or a feature.

Mine as well. But please search before asking:

http://www.latestintech.com/vista-wont-rem...work-passwords/

There are plenty of reports so seems it's a Vista bug or a feature.

Yea I know about that. What I mean is I didn't have the issue before in any previous builds (this includes vLited installs of old Server 2008 installs, older Vista SP1 installs both preintegrated and Reverse Integrated and normal RTM installs etc.) which is why I found it weird.

Edited by Arneh

I *thought* the integrated Vista SP1 RTM DVD fully integrated versions would not be available until March ?!?!

So is blerk saying that the above DVD's (i) have SP1 RTM fully integrated into them already (ii) are available to MSDN/MS Connect members *now* for download but that (iii) average joe users who do have licensed copies of Vista cant even get the standalone updater for another 2-4-8 weeks ?

Or maybe, are these Vista DVD's simplyt the Vista DVD with the SP1 RTM file also copied onto it which then has to be run and installed ?

Ben

Edited by benifin

So is blerk saying that the above DVD's (i) have SP1 RTM fully integrated into them already (ii) are available to MSDN/MS Connect members *now* for download but that (iii) average joe users who do have licensed copies of Vista cant even get the standalone updater for another 2-4-8 weeks ?

(i)yes

(ii)yes

(iii)and yes

Interesting. Wonder why they made SP1 not slipstreamable.
Not only that, but Office 2007 SP1 can't be slipstreamed.

They're going backwards... or just dumb, one of those.

With Office you just put the sp1 files in the update folder and that's it.

worked for me

• 2 weeks later...
I have tried the Reverse Integration with build 1800 the "so called" RTM .. and it works flawless, have done it with Ultimate x86 and x64 and done it with Home Premium x86 and x64 .. no i am about to "glue" them together to one DVD :)

I've did the reverse integration method too and it works great, but does anyone mind guiding me on the right track as to how to I combine all the editons of Vista into one Install.wim file.

I'm not talking about combing both the x86 and x64 version into 1 DVD, I'm talking about

combing all the editions (Starter, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate) into 1 disc. This is so that

if I go out and do my job, I won't have to carry individual disc for every version of Vista.

BTW: I've checked out the WAIK guide and I saw a command for ImageX that might be what I'm looking for, but I do not know if that's the right section.

The WAIK guide for that ImageX command is how to

"append a volume image to an existing image".

worked for me

Not for me. Wasted like 3 DVD's trying to get it to work too.

I *thought* the integrated Vista SP1 RTM DVD fully integrated versions would not be available until March ?!?!

Or maybe, are these Vista DVD's simplyt the Vista DVD with the SP1 RTM file also copied onto it which then has to be run and installed ?

Ben

i downloaded this one 6001.18000.080118-1840_amd64fre_Client_en-us-FRMCXFRE_EN_DVD.iso and used my legit retail ultimate key to install it. i vlited it but all i did was make it an unattended install and that was it. been running it for 2 days now with no troubles at all

worked for me

This is why you should get yourself some rewritable disc so if you make a mistake you can always erase and

reuse it.

:ph34r:

Edited by 123321

worked for me

Off topic, but did you extract the contents of the Office 2007 SP1 and put those files in the Updates folder in the root of the Office 2007 disc, or did you just put the SP1 file itself in there? Putting the extracted contents (google for the specific files) worked for me. Still not happy that there's no true integration method, but better than nothing.

Off topic, but did you extract the contents of the Office 2007 SP1 and put those files in the Updates folder in the root of the Office 2007 disc, or did you just put the SP1 file itself in there? Putting the extracted contents (google for the specific files) worked for me. Still not happy that there's no true integration method, but better than nothing.

Yea, you have to extract the contents of SP1, then place it in the Updates folder. Sticking the big .exe in won't work.