Windows XP Prof. - NVIDIA control panel

zubcan

System does not recognize the correct model

My Computer – Properties – Hardware – Device Manager – Monitors

Shows wrong model: ViewSonic VX2235wm (22”) instead of VA930m (19”) (ViewSonic Monitor)

Therefore on boot up I get a – "Out of Range "Error message. Because of this error I cannot enter F8 for safe mode or Del Key for BIOS setup. When pressed these keys, system does not start. The error message remains on the screen without performing system start up process. Rebooting by shutting off the computer and / or unplugging it and plugging it back brings the same "Out of range Error" message. because the system recognizes the monitor model as VX2235wm (22” instead of VA930m (19”)

I think only by removing this wrong model monitor from the system only I can correct this problem. Therefore, I have tried following and but did not resolve the problem:

Add/Remove prog - removing Viewsonic program

BUT was not able to remove ViewSonic Windows XP signed files.

From Regedit removing this folder : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ViewSonic Corporation\ViewSonic Monitor Drivers

Uninstalling the device and reinstalling as a plug and play monitor. BUT still NVIDIA control panel shows the device as VX2235wm (22").

By updating the driver by selecting the correct model VA930m (19”) from the CD that came with the monitor, Device manager shows the model VA930m correctly BUT NVIDIA control panel shows the device as VX2235wm (22") and causing the Out of Range error message to appear over and over again.

Please advise how I could remove the wrong model, VX2235wm and the hidden file, ID or program pertainig to this monitor from the system and NVIDIA control panel

Hello zubcan, welcome to THE forums ;).

I moved your post from the software section to the hardware section of this forum. There is something wrong with your screen and I would test it on another computer if you have the chance, you could also return the screen directly; this just should not happen.

I presume it’s a new screen, just wondering if it is, and if it worked before...

Hello zubcan, welcome to THE forums ;).

I moved your post from the software section to the hardware section of this forum. There is something wrong with your screen and I would test it on another computer if you have the chance, you could also return the screen directly; this just should not happen.

I presume it’s a new screen, just wondering if it is, and if it worked before...

Thank you for your advice. As advised I did test the monitor on a different computer with a different display adapter. On rebooting it detected a new hardware/device and states the hardware as VX2235 Monitor, which is the wrong monitor. I can not understand why it is identifying it as 22" monitor, instead of my VA930m, 19" monitor. Even after installing the driver as a plug and play device, it shows the monitor as VX2235wm. You are right, something wrong with the screen. Is there a way to change the screen to show as VA930m monitor?

Thank you

No there is not, they just put a wrong programmed chip in that screen, take it back to the shop or call the Viewsonic service desk...

I think I will be able to take it back to the Viewsonic service desk and get the programmed chip changed. BUT still I think since there is a "Viewsonic Windows XP signed file" is sitting in my add/remove program list , which I am NOT able to remove from the list, may cause the repaired / exchanged new Viewsonic screen (monitor) also to be recognized again as VX2235wm (22") monitor (wrong model). Therefore, I wish to get the "Viewsonic Windows XP signed file" removed from the add/remove program prior to connect the new Viewsonic monitor.

Everytime when I try to remove it, Viewsonic Windows XP INF installation screen pops up with the following error message: An installation support file could not be installed. The system cannot find the file specified".

Any advise to get this file, "Viewsonic Windows XP signed file" removed from the add/remove program will be appreciated