Primary DNS suffix and DNS suffix search list

atari37

I have two DNS server running, one is active directory incorporated (primary dns) and the other is a linux dns server (secondary). I set it up the secondary in my server 2003 as a zone. Everything seems to be working.

I need to figure out how to add both suffixes (for primary and secondary) using either AD's group policy or using the DHCP snap-in. So far, I have only been able to add one at a time but I would like to add both. I know this can easily be done on each host under network configuration (tcp/ip) but I want to do it for all host at the same time over the network.

Please help.

I have two DNS server running, one is active directory incorporated (primary dns) and the other is a linux dns server (secondary). I set it up the secondary in my server 2003 as a zone. Everything seems to be working.

I need to figure out how to add both suffixes (for primary and secondary) using either AD's group policy or using the DHCP snap-in. So far, I have only been able to add one at a time but I would like to add both. I know this can easily be done on each host under network configuration (tcp/ip) but I want to do it for all host at the same time over the network.

Please help.

Not sure if ive understood what your after correctly but here goes. If you have DHCP installed you can control most of the stuff from there primary/seocnday DNS servers, update lease times if need be, fixed IP addresses, Local Lan, DHCP server etc etc.

If this is not what your after a policy ive come across is found at Computer Configuration > Admini templates > Network >DNS client which may be worth reading on.