How Can I Make Avira AntiVir Silent Install ? What is switch ?

ahmedah

Sorry .. I did not found what I want

Please All Help me

Try the next script for Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic 7.06.00.270 :

#cs ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

AutoIt Version: 3.2.10.0
Author: myName

Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic 7.06.00.270

Script Function:
Template AutoIt script.

#ce ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

; Script Start - Add your code below here

Opt("TrayIconDebug", 1)
Opt("SendKeyDelay", 200)
; Executable file name
$EXECUTABLE = "antivir_workstation_win7u_en_h.exe"
; Installation folder
$INSTALLLOCATION = @ProgramFilesDir & "\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic"

If FileExists($INSTALLLOCATION & "\avguard.exe") Then
MsgBox(0x40010, @ScriptName, "Please uninstall previous version of Avira before using this script", 4)
Exit
EndIf

; Run the installer
Run($EXECUTABLE)

; Accept
WinWait("Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic", "Accept")
WinActivate("Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic", "Accept")
ControlClick("Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic", "", "Button1")

; Welcome to the setup for
WinWaitActive("Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic", "Welcome to the setup for")
ControlClick("Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic", "", "Button2")

; Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic is designed to protect your system from threats of various kinds.
WinWaitActive("Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic", "Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic is designed to protect your system from threats of various kinds.")
ControlClick("Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic", "", "Button2")

; I &accept the terms of the license agreement
WinWaitActive("Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic", "I &accept the terms of the license agreement")
ControlCommand("Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic", "", "Button1", "Check", "")
ControlClick("Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic", "", "Button3")

; I accept that Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic is for private use
WinWaitActive("Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic", "I accept that Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic is for private use")
ControlCommand("Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic", "", "Button1", "Check", "")
ControlClick("Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic", "", "Button4")

; Generate random serial number and submit during update
WinWaitActive("Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic", "Generate random serial number and submit during update")
ControlCommand("Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic", "", "Button1", "UnCheck", "")
ControlClick("Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic", "", "Button5")

; All program features will be installed.
WinWaitActive("Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic", "All program features will be installed.")
ControlClick("Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic", "", "Button7")

; Installation complete
WinWaitActive("Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic", "Installation complete")
ControlCommand("Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic", "", "Button1", "UnCheck", "")
ControlClick("Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic", "", "Button12")

; Do you want to start an update now?
WinWaitActive("Setup of Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic", "Do you want to start an update now?")
ControlClick("Setup of Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic", "", "Button2")

; Close scan process
ProcessWait("avscan.exe")
$PID = ProcessExists("avscan.exe")
If $PID Then
ProcessClose($PID)
EndIf

I figured out a way to do a totally silent switchless installer for Avira Antivir Personal Edition Classic. It involves a little work but in the end works nicely. You will need the following:

Antivir_workstation_win7u_en_h.exe http://www.free-av.com/

WinRAR http://www.rarlab.com

Cwnd.exe http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5017 , executable is in the “release” folder

Process.exe http://www.beyondlogic.org/consulting/proc...processutil.htm

Download Antivir and extract it with 7-zip or WinRAR to a folder, I called it antivirpec. We are going to create two files and add them to the folder. Open a text editor such as notepad and copy the following text.

[DATA]
DestinationPath="C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Workstation"
ProgramGroup=1
DesktopIcon=0
ShellExtension=1
Guard=1
MailScanner=0
KeyFile=C:\Windows\Temp\Avira\hbedv.key
ShowReadMe=0
RestartWindows=0
ShowRestartMessage=0

If you want a desktop icon change the 0 (no) to 1 (yes). MailScanner must be 0 because it is not included in the free edition. If you want to change the path of the install or the path to the registration key just make sure it is an absolute path, variables such as %windir% will not work. Save the file as setup.inf and place it in the antivirpec folder.

Open notepad again and copy the following text.

cwnd /hide @
@echo off
start /wait %windir%\Temp\Avira\basic\setup.exe /inf="%windir%\Temp\Avira\setup.inf"
process -k avscan.exe
exit

cwnd.exe is a utility to hide the DOS box when the command runs. You could also use cmdow.exe. Just be sure that whichever you use is in your system32 folder.

The setup command uses the switch /inf which uses the parameters in the setup.inf file we created and causes the setup to be run silently.

Process.exe is a utility to kill processes in Windows 2000 and Windows XP Home. If you are using XP Pro you can use the taskkill command instead. This command kills the automatic scan that starts after install. If you use process.exe be sure it is in your system32 folder. Save the file as antivir.cmd and place it in the antivirpec folder.

Now make the installer with WinRAR. Open WinRAR and browse to the antivirpec folder. Right click on a file and choose “select all”, making sure all the files and folders are highlighted, then click “Add” on the Toolbar. You’ll get the “Archive name and parameters” window. On the General tab Select “best” as compression method, and check “create solid archive” and “create SFX archive”. Change the archive name if you like but it must have the .exe extension.

dhc08.jpg

Switch to the Advanced tab and select “SFX options” to open Advanced SFX options window.

sgk18h.jpg

On the General tab in the “Path to extract” box type the path you want to extract the installer to. Make sure it is the same path you have in the antivir.cmd file. Then in the “Run after extraction” box type in the path to the antivir.cmd file.

r86u11.jpg

Change to the Modes tab and select the “hide all” and “overwrite existing files” radio buttons.

2lntmab.jpg

Close the “Advanced SFX Options” window by clicking OK, then click OK on the “Archive name and parameters” window to start creating the installer. The finished installer is created in the antivirpec folder.

----- Post Nº1 -----

<snip>

Try the next script for Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic 7.06.00.270 :<snip>

Thank You .. It wprked :thumbup

But I want It Hidden .. :blushing:

----- Post Nº2 -----

I figured out a way to do a totally silent switchless installer for Avira Antivir Personal Edition Classic. It involves a little work but in the end works nicely.<snip>

Thank you very very very much

But Sorry It does not work .. Why ??

I do what you said exactly ..

Edited by Yzöwl
excessive unrequired quoted messages snipped and posts merged

As I mentioned in my post, Taskkill is only available for XP Pro users, process.exe is only for XP Home and Win2k users, unless someone can enlighten me otherwise.

@ahmedah - if you followed my example exactly it should work. Make sure that the paths are correct. What OS are you using?

Edited by krose

As I mentioned in my post, Taskkill is only available for XP Pro users, process.exe is only for XP Home and Win2k users, unless someone can enlighten me otherwise.

@ahmedah - if you followed my example exactly it should work. Make sure that the paths are correct. What OS are you using?

Thank you

Is key file is text file ?

I use XP Professional Edition

The registration key file is named hbedv.key. It is in the antivirpec folder to which you extracted Antivir_workstation_win7u_en_h.exe. The setup.inf file you created refers to the key file location, which in this example is C:\Windows\Temp\Avira. The paths you enter in the WinRAR Advanced SFX Options window tells the installer to extract to C:\Windows\Temp\Avira, then to run the antivir.cmd file you created, which in turn runs the setup.exe. Make sure your setup.inf and antivir.cmd files have the proper file extension and check all your paths to make sure they are the same as the example. I can't explain it any better than that.

• 2 months later...

@krose

WOW - this is the best idea I ever saw to install AVIRA AntiVir completely silent and unattended! I don't like the AutoIt-scripts where you can see all the windows appearing and disappearing again (BTW, is it possible to hide these installation-windows with AutoIt, maybe with moving it out of the screen?)

I ask myself if this also works for the new version 8 of AntiVir? Are there any new parameters in the INF-file that should also be considered? Does the INF-file work further?

I will test this later today and will report my experiences here!

EDIT: works like a charm :thumbup

I also found a way to avoid any kind of window appearing while the installation, so that it's now completely silent and unattended! If you're familiar with German, you can read my posting here: http://www.german-nlite.de/index.php?s=&am...st&p=119050

Best regards

cool400 :ph34r:

Edited by cool400

cool400,

Thanks for the information. I didn't realize that version 8 was out. Looking at the documentation I have discovered that there is a new setup.inf entry. Add the line

ScanMode=0

to setup.inf and you can eliminate the use of the cmd file to kill the post-install scan. The setup command will now run from the advanced SFX options setup program run after extraction window:

%windir%\Temp\Avira\basic\setup.exe /inf="%windir%\Temp\Avira\setup.inf"

Tested and totally silent for me.

@krose

Thanks a lot - I will modify my files ASAP!

I already figured some more possible parameters out :yes: But I don't know if all of them are possible for the Free-version :blink:

This is what I found:

DestinationPath
ProgramGroup
DesktopIcon
FireWall
WindowsFireWall
ScanMode
KeyFile
AVWinIni
RestartWindows
ShowRestartMessage
Password
MailScanner
Rootkit
WebGuard
Guard
ShowReadMe
ShellExtension

Do you know what we can use in our setup.inf?

BTW, in the next hours/days I will upload a complete automated Antivir 8-batch which updates automatically before bulding the SFX and - if you wish - build an nLite-Addon :thumbup

Best regards

cool400 :ph34r:

@cool400

I found the setup.inf parameters in the Avira Antivir Professional manual. They are covered in section 4.5.4. All versions must use the same installer so I would think any of the setup parameters except for the mail scanner would work in the free version. The only way to find out is to test them. Thanks for your help.