Asus ATK 0110 ACPI Driver Integrable into XP via nlite?

coho

I recently managed to make a fully automated xp pro install with all of the updates until now including ie7, wmp 11, and the corresponding drivers for my computer and my brother's using nlite....things worked beautifully.

I'm looking to do the same with another machine and everything works fine with the exception of one driver that is being a pain in the a** and I was wondering if there was some way of integrating it? I'm not too well versed in what is possible and what isn't so any feedback would be appreciated. I'll give you a little insight...

for those of you who have purchased an asus motherboard in the past few years, you may or may not have noticed that some of them have built in dynamic overclocking abilities touted as Asus' "A.I. Booster". This feature works on receiving feedback from a sensor called "ATK 0110 ACPI" which is built into the motherboard. This sensor requires a driver to be installed in order for it to work properly.

The driver is an .inf and seems typical enough in nature, i figured it'd be a simple nlite addin. However, in practice, despite the fact that I point nlite to the driver files and it incorporates them into the windows disc without a hitch, the driver doesn't seem to be detected or loaded upon installing windows. At this point i'm at a loss as to what the problem is. The only current possible source of error that i can see is that upon extracting the driver one has to be sure to point nlight to the 32 bit drivers rather than the 64 bit, and well...i do that newwink.gif

If it'd help at all to see the driver structure, one can see/download it here; it's quite small and a quick download:

http://dlsvr03.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/ACPI_1043400.rar

Any thoughts, or advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Coho

p.s. mods, this is a duplicate post as seen here: http://www.msfn.org/board/Asus-ATK-0110-AC...te-t111827.html

...i figure the topic applies to both threads and if one were to choose one only, it'd be a tossup, especially as i don't know whether the problem lies with windows, the driver, or nlite...may as well cover thy a** and get thy exposure...if you have an issue with it, do with it as you wish...

Edited by coho

I have an ASUS P5B-E Plus motherboard which uses the exact same driver (pretty sure, at least). But it works perfectly for me - it both integrates and installs fine. Make sure you're using the Win2000 driver from the ACPI (not ACPI64) folder. Also make sure you're integrating the driver as single driver.

Edited by sittingduck