BSOD after integrating Intel Matrix Storage driver XP SP2

Hi,

My head is about to explode as it seems I can't fix this problem. I've tried everything (well almost!) and nothing gives me that burning sensation!

Here it goes:

I'm trying to integrate the latest Intel Matrix Storage drivers into XP SP2. All goes well until the setup is finished, it then reboots and BAM! BSOD! Error 7B...

for testing purposes I'm using the ISO downloaded from MSDN (SP2 integrated) without any modifications (no hotfixes etc..).

I've edited the txtsetup.inf, dosnet.inf, copied the driver to i386, edited the answer file (ignoredriverpolicy, oemdriverpath etc...). The entire installation seems to run well, except when it finally wants to start, it dies on me..

As a test I've used the same ISO to slipstream the driver with nLite, and it all works very well! Now using nLite in my environment is a no-no.. At least I now know it should be possible. I've been examining the nLite method for a while but I see a lot of modifications which seem way beyond my scope!

So, is everyone using nLite nowadays or are there still some hardcore hands-on gurus out there willing to help me out? And yes, I've tried every single method described on the web! :) Al least, I think..

Thanks

I did.. But it seems nLite modifies many files and adds new files while I only integrate the iastor..

Changes in i386:

DOSNET.INF

FONT.IN_

HIVECLS.INF

HIVEDEF.INF

HIVESFT.INF

HIVESYS.INF

HIVEUSD.INF

IASTOR.SY_

INTL.INF

MSHDC.IN_

NLITE.IN_

PNPSCSI.IN_

SCSI.IN_

SCSIDEV.IN_

SETUPREG.HIV

SFCFILES.DL_

SYSOC.IN_

SYSSETUP.DL_

TXTSETUP.SIF

Hmm, I'm not sure.. I have all kinds of hardware to test. Currently using an NC6320 and installing from CDROM. When this problem is solved installations will be initiated by HP's Radia (dropping a FAT32 image with the $WIN_NT$.~BT and $WIN_NT$.~LS folders) from where the installation will start..

I switched off native sata mode to see what happened in Windows. In the hardware devicelist I see a Mass Storage Controller without drivers (makes sense somehow since native mode is disabled?), I also see the iastor.sys in both windows and drivers directory. The .inf's and'.cat's are also located in the Windows folder...

So it all makes sense in a way.

It would be cool if anyone has some in depth info on modifications done by nLite when slipstreaming mass storage drivers..

I have the same problem, in my environment I have two image (WinxP +sp1) and (Winxp+sp2), I integrate the drivers Sata (AHCI8) (iata78_enu.exe) following the Intel instruction.

This what happend:

The system copy the files, format disk and copy the file again and the system restart the computer ( I think before Gui installation) , I get blue screen.with 0x0000007B (0xF789E63C, etc...)

My situation: Dc5700 with two disks , the first disk has two partitions ( C and E), the E partition content recovery file and It's hiding as partition.

I suspect IRQ problem conflict !!

Any Iea

Edited by bahja

One thing that may be interesting.. When using nLite the result is this driver (working):

Intel® 82801GBM SATA AHCI Controller

When manually slipstreaming it says this:

Intel® 82801GBM/GHM (ICH7-M Family) Serial-ATA Storage Controller - 27C4

It's the same driver but there has to be some sort of difference...