Anyone Slipstream WinXP SP 3 with nLite yet? When will it be supporte

monkeyX3

Yes, if you also integrate IE7 then IE7 should be done first and then SP3 after... works fine no problems and its integrated using the service pack part of nlite.

Wouldn't SP3 include IE7 ? If I use the release candidate of SP3, will I still have to install the final SP3 when it comes out?

Wouldn't SP3 include IE7 ? If I use the release candidate of SP3, will I still have to install the final SP3 when it comes out?

no it doesnt include IE7

and yes u will have to install final sp3 when it comes out if u the release candidate. so better wait until sp3 is final and slipstream it at that time.

Yes, if you also integrate IE7 then IE7 should be done first and then SP3 after... works fine no problems and its integrated using the service pack part of nlite.

This does not have any sense. My suggestion is that you integrate SP3 first and then IE7. Since SP3 does not contain IE7, then it contain old files, IE6 files, and it may happen that if you integrate IE7 first that Sp3 overwrite new files with old one and you may got some problems.

Cheers ;)

nLite slipstreams SP3 immediately if you follow the pecking order of nLite. I don't see how you could slipstream SP3 after IE7 in this case unless you did it later using a script after application installs are completed.

I have a test system running SP3 and IE7.... it seems to be working fine, but I'll be watching for any

issues with IE7. I seem to recall a problem during earlier testing where IE6 would crash if I didn't upgrade

and install IE7 after SP3 had been slipstreamed.

I just loaded another virtual machine with SP3 that does not yet have IE7 installed, so I'll test this theory again

to confirm.

If you add IE7 after SP3 it will overwrite some of the files for SP3, thus rendering the install useless

Yep, i got missing files errors n reboot loop after textmode copying files (not always the same error)

I have read that SP3 have updated files for both IE6 and IE7, and will install those files depending on which version you have installed.

Yep thats true which is why you integrate IE7 first and SP3 updates it otherwise ur replacing newer files with older files.

Haven't tried WMP11, so you'll have to find out :)

phkninja, I tried integrating IE7 on Sp3 and it works fine. But be sure to do it after the SP3 slipstream of course.

legolash2o, is that confirmed that the Sp3 slipstream will detect IE7 or we are here talking about live install only?

Edited by nuhi