HP DC7800 and DC7700 (Intel NIC 82566DM) Problem

geemail.email

Hello all,

I have a problem with HP dc7800 and dc7700 workstations which have Intel 82566DM NIC. After booting from the cd and "wpeinit" runs, on these two machines, if I perform an IPCONFIG, I get a 169.xx.xx.xx IP Address. If I wait about 5 minutes and run IPconfig again, the machine has retrieved an IP address from the DHCP server (192.168.xx.xx) correctly.

If after booting from the CD and "wpeinit" runs, I execute "wpeutil initializenetwork", I can run an IPCONFIG and I will have received an IP from the DHCP server.

For some reason, there is a delay in receiving an IP address from the DHCP server with these two workstations, all the other workstations I test on (dc7100, d530, d510, dc7600) all work properly and show a correct IP address immediately after "wpeinit" rusn.

I would greatly appreciate any advice I can get on solving this issue as I have worked several days on trying to correct and I have been unable to come up with a reason why.

I am relatively new to Winpe2 and I am not sure of what logs I can check or utilities I can run to determine the issue.

Thank you in advance for your help....I have said it before, and I will say it again, this forum Rocks!!!

Follow up:

If after "wpeinit" runs, I immediately execute an "IPCONFIG" I do not have a DHCP IP address but a 169.xx. address.

If after "wpeinit" runs, I immediately execute an "IPCONFIG /renew", I receive a message that the DHCP server can respond to the request.

If after "wpeinit" runs, I wait 5 seconds and then execute an "IPCONFIG /renew", I receive an IP address.

I thought this may help anyone who can provide suggestions on how to troubleshoot this issue.

I believe this is a driver issue but have no way of proving it. I say because I can boot in a Virtual PC environment using a dc7800 and I have no problems but it is using a emulated driver for the Intel NIC.

If anyone has used Winpe2 with dc7800 or dc7700, please share what drivers you use and how you injected them into the image.

Thank you in advance....I hope to hear from someone soon.

Follow up:

If after "wpeinit" runs, I immediately execute an "IPCONFIG" I do not have a DHCP IP address but a 169.xx. address.

If after "wpeinit" runs, I immediately execute an "IPCONFIG /renew", I receive a message that the DHCP server can respond to the request.

If after "wpeinit" runs, I wait 5 seconds and then execute an "IPCONFIG /renew", I receive an IP address.

I thought this may help anyone who can provide suggestions on how to troubleshoot this issue.

I believe this is a driver issue but have no way of proving it. I say because I can boot in a Virtual PC environment using a dc7800 and I have no problems but it is using a emulated driver for the Intel NIC.

If anyone has used Winpe2 with dc7800 or dc7700, please share what drivers you use and how you injected them into the image.

Thank you in advance....I hope to hear from someone soon.

I have DC7800. DC7700 drivers work straight away with standard WinPE. For Dc7800 i have downloaded drivers from HP sp36743.exe. Unpacked it. Then went to dir C:\sp36743\PRO1000\Win32

Then for each .inf i have did:

echo Adding the driver %1

peimg /inf=%1 %PEMNT%\Windows>NUL

IF errorlevel 1 echo INF File %1 failed>>%ERRFLE%

Where %1 = path to .inf file. I am writting currently program that will allow easy winpe creation along with easy adding drivers and removing some stuff. Just need some time and i will probably release it

on forum. Actually here's a little screenshot for adding drivers:

post-44662-1201803965_thumb.png

You simply browse for directory or enter path, press enter and tell it to scan for .inf's

then you select drivers to integrate and that's it. You will just have to install WAIK, prepare some minor things first and then go thru simple configuration ;) Program will create Usb aswell as .iso for CD-ROM. This will have built in support for adding Image Manager which has gone thru a lot of changes and additions :)

Edited by MadBoy

I've had strange issues with the drivers available on the HP website for DC7800 (can ping lan, can't ping WAN most of the time 95% packetloss).

So i got the drivers from the Intel website which were newer and all worked like a charm.

Hi..

have someone a driver which is working for Pe 2.0 on a HP 7800 Ultra Slim with Intel 82566DM?

@Matboy where is that tool (Printscreen) for integrating Drivers downloadble?

regards

Hi..

have someone a driver which is working for Pe 2.0 on a HP 7800 Ultra Slim with Intel 82566DM?

@Matboy where is that tool (Printscreen) for integrating Drivers downloadble?

regards

Spl1 it's not yet done. If my company wouldn't push me too much to write documentation (it's heavy documented envirovment) for new Image Manager (which i need to updated on MSFN aswell) version and uni wouldn't give me more exams i would be focused on that WinPE Customizer. The good thing is i am about 50% into coding this. Shouldn't take much time. Maybe 2 weeks with testing and checking everything works as designed :) Currently the work is focused on doing proper saving / loading configuration so things can be saved for later reproduction without much hassle. Need to add support for multiple config files and then the whole PE creation which should be simple :) All in all - 2 weeks :P

Madboy and all who replied....

thank you for the info....I have the same driver but have since learned from my Cisco admin that Port Fast is not enabled on many of our switches for caution purposes.

I am currently just adding two IPCONFIG /RENEW instances to my startnet.cmd and it seems to have resolved that issue...now, on to the rest of my problems...but those are for another post.

I am very anxious to follow your post regarding your WinPE 2.0 configuration manager....that looks very appealing and impressive. I dread the numerous completes rebuilds of my .iso every day I work on this boot cd and I have tried to find a way to shorten it by using batch files etc, but the driver additions and msd additions always take so long. Until you get your utility completed, if you have any suggestions on any shortcuts to creating the WinPE 2.0 iso, without the need to go through the entire process every time, I would greatly appreciate the recommendations.

If you need someone to do any testing on your utility....let me know....

Geemail.email@gmail.com

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
I am having the same problem with dc7800. i give username and password it can not contact dc. I exit and retype wpeinit it gets ip and authentication succeeds. strange!

try reruning ipconfig /renew on winpe start right after winpe init. SHould fix your problem.