Image loads off USB but fails on CD

dulce3lche

I need help figuering out a couple of issues that I'm experiencing with the image that I updated.

The first problem seems to be with my older models of pc's like the dell gx270 & 280's. The image seems to fail at some point and it won't join the domain or run any other scripts.

The second one is that when I run the image off a CD it fails in the same place but it works fine on a USB.

I need help!! Have any ideas???

This is all new to me. Not much training on this either. :wacko::unsure:

here the mystery same image on usb works but won't work on the cd it connects to the server runs 3 scripts than it errors out with a message:

ActiveX component can't create object: 'GetObject'

Code: 800A01AD

but it works off a usb stick....

I'm stumped.

I'm only guessing here...but where is it trying to 'write' the object?....it could be tryin to write it back to the cd and it can't due to being 'read' only...or non-writeable....and the USB has read/write access.

our last image works on a cd, the only difference it was created on our parent server/domain and distributed to ours. This one was created and distributed on our domain/server.

We always burn on only writable cd's never rw. It also confuses the heck out of me when I run the cd it runs the begining stages of my scripts errors in the middle before installing the os then it looks like it's actually running my other scripts which just changes the machine name and does other tasks but when it boots up I can see that it did not.

I can't find anything on my problem to help.