PXE without DHCP

D8TA

Thanks for this information. When I attempt to boot I am getting an Invalid of corrupt kernel image. What should my pxelinux.cfg file look like? Mine looks like this.

LABEL winpe

KERNEL startrom.n12

APPEND initrd=winpe.iso

I have my winpe.iso in the root of my tftpboot directory.

First of all, your startrom.n12 should be renamed to startrom.0. The entry for winPE should look like this:

label winpe
kernel startrom.0

If your iso is in root directory, your winnt.sif should look like this:

[SetupData]
BootDevice = "ramdisk(0)"
BootPath = "\I386\System32\"
OsLoadOptions = "/noguiboot /fastdetect /minint /rdexportascd /rdpath=winpe.iso"
Architecture = "I386"

Thanks for this information. When I attempt to boot I am getting an Invalid of corrupt kernel image. What should my pxelinux.cfg file look like? Mine looks like this.

LABEL winpe

KERNEL startrom.n12

APPEND initrd=winpe.iso

I have my winpe.iso in the root of my tftpboot directory.

First of all, your startrom.n12 should be renamed to startrom.0. The entry for winPE should look like this:

label winpe
kernel startrom.0

If your iso is in root directory, your winnt.sif should look like this:

[SetupData]
BootDevice = "ramdisk(0)"
BootPath = "\I386\System32\"
OsLoadOptions = "/noguiboot /fastdetect /minint /rdexportascd /rdpath=winpe.iso"
Architecture = "I386"

Getting a little further along. Now no error but it just sits there. Not sure what is wrong. Maybe I need to try and create WinPE 2.0 image file, iso. Does this method work for booting other iso's?

Yes, I burned the iso to a CD and it does boot and run with no issues. I am wondering if there is something wrong with my startrom.0, ntdetect.com or ntldr file? I copied them from Server 2003 R2. It seems like it wants to but runs out of gas. :D

Perhaps you have a bad file, I'm not sure. Have you checked out your TFTP log to see what file its getting stuck on? It should try to read the files in this order:

startrom.0

ntldr

bootfont.bin (not needed)

ntdetect.com

winnt.sif

winpe.iso