Riprep Error

I have being using riprep successfully to image Windows XP SP2 Notebooks to my RIS Windows 2000 Server, so now I decided to use windows update to install all of the high priority updates and then use riprep to image the notebooks but I receive the following error message

The RIS server to which you are attempting to post this installation does not contain the correct CD-based image. The version of the CD-based image on the server must match the version of the system you are attempting to image[Version 5.1 Build 2600, Language English]. Please either select a different RIS server to post this installation to or add the corresponding CD-based image to the current RIS server

Now I searched through some other forums and they have suggested that as ntoskrnl.exe has been patched that you need to copy the ntoskrnl.exe from the client machine and replace ntoskrnl.exe in the Windows XP Image on the Windoes 2000 RIS Server, some have suggested that you can't riprep machines that have had the updates applied any help will appreciated.

Regards,

Dragsterp

Dragsterp,

Sorry i cannot help you with this but can only advise you like i was advised when trying to get riprep working. use RISSetup images to install your machines its far more universal & can be easily tailored to your needs. I apologise if you think this is loads of work & not what you need(a quick fix for riprep) but believe me it will save you hours of problems in the long run.

regards

Chiners_68