First Logon Problem

:rolleyes:

Hello - wonder if anyone can help me with this.

I have added a script to the sysprep folder in vista which basically brings up a pop-up box and asks you to rename your computer. It authenticates in AD and renames it and then reboots the computer - not a problem, BUT! it only runs if I enable the administrator account and use that to run the script. If I use the account I created using XML (which is an administrator also) I just get an error message displayed when I try to run the script.

I have added a first logon command into the OOBESystem enviroment which runs this script, so in theory it should pop up, ask me to rename it, reboot and then bring me to the alt ctrl and del screen. I have seen this working in a similar enviroment so I know it should work.

It doesn't.

I'm guessing thats becasue the admin account is disabled, so it's trying to run the script with the next available account which is my admin account I created ??? ... which if I run manually I get an error code 5 ??? I'm only guessing it's something to do with it not having rights or something to run it.

The problem is I can't enable the administrator account! I have read that if you add the autologon part in OOBE and add the username Administrator it should enable the account... I have also read that if you enable it and set the logon count to 1 again... it should enable that account. I have also tried bunging it in different places (Audit System - Audit User) but still it doesn't enable the administrator account. Please bear in mind I'm only guessing it's a security / authentication problem which is why it's not running the script... but it sort of makes sense.

Everything else on the XML file seems to work - any ideas ? this is pretty much the last thing I need to get working before finalising the image setup.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm getting to the point where this computer I'm testing will leave the office via the 50 foot window and fly gracefully for about 3 seconds, before plummeting to the floor and smashing into a hundred pieces in our reception below.

:thumbup