ShellStyle.dll, How do I use them

Aylen

Hey all,

I've been reading around on different websites and downloaded a few test Shells to change my theme, my problem is I can't seem to implement them and getting them to work. Do I have to create a .msstyle file to get it to work, or can I not just replace the shellstyle.dll under the Luna theme with the new shell?

Or can I replace the Luna theme shellstyle file with the one I downloaded through command prompt when I restart my computer?

Thanks for any help anyone can give me!

Aylen

Edited by Aylen

Thanks for your reply NaDer_GenKO,

My uxtheme.dll is patched, however the copied shellstyle.dll file did not take effect while logged into windows, so I guess my question is, do I have to replace the shellstyle.dll in the luna theme from the command prompt before booting into windows?

Thanks again,

Aylen

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for your reply NaDer_GenKO,

My uxtheme.dll is patched, however the copied shellstyle.dll file did not take effect while logged into windows, so I guess my question is, do I have to replace the shellstyle.dll in the luna theme from the command prompt before booting into windows?

Thanks again,

Aylen

Maybe you placed it in the wrong folder.

For the blue luna style the path would be X:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\Luna\Shell\NormalColor

You just can't replace it while you're using it, so apply silver style first, then copy the shellstyle.dll into the right folder and then go back to the blue style.

No need to replace it from the command prompt.