Unattend part not working with rc1

oskingen

Hi, Everyone. I'm new in this and i tried vlite rc1. The part for the unattend file is completely not working. I have set my keyboard, serial, language.. but this part is not working at all and I tried 2 times. I installed vista from a external HDD. What is the cause? I was thinking about silent install for other programs. Is that possible for the next release ?

Last_Session.ini

Edited by hannubys

Hi, Everyone. I'm new in this and i tried vlite rc1. The part for the unattend file is completely not working. I have set my keyboard, serial, language.. but this part is not working at all and I tried 2 times. I installed vista from a external HDD. What is the cause? I was thinking about silent install for other programs. Is that possible for the next release ?

Yes it is indeed odd.In Virtual PC the unattended install works perfect but in real clean install it doesent :unsure: .

hannubys, origin of your issue is installing from HDD. Since that is normal Vista limitation not influenced by vLite I can't spend time trying to figure it out.

Once I tried to boot it from the USB disk and it didn't do unattended. Other friend installs it from USB flash unattended without a problem, don't know why, there was some other topic on that on this forum.

What you could do to start an unattended installation from a HD is to first boot a WinPE 2.0 image, then navigate to your vlite'd installation files through the cmd-prompt and run:

setup.exe /unattend:Autounattend.xml

Works without a hitch every time.

Edited by shabador

Thanks guy for your answers. This is my new hobbie and now i'm looking for silent install for other software. I think we can do something great! Also, good work for the Vlite team, I love this product.