Wont boot sata drive

BJMckay

I re-installed windows yesterday, i've had a sata II drive for a while and had decided to make it my local drive, previously was IDE.

Anyway, i re-installed, and when windows reboots after copying files it brings up an error just after post, i found that this error is because my bios doesn't recognise my sata II drive :blink: . Now most ppl would say just flash bios to the latest version, not so easy, i have latest bios version, but no way of putting it on a floppy, i was thinkin maybe a bootable cd, and i know there is also a way of writting awdflash+bin file to a disk that will auto-run and flash bios to what ever version you like, can anyone help pls. :unsure:

Thanks in advance

I re-installed windows yesterday, i've had a sata II drive for a while and had decided to make it my local drive, previously was IDE.

Anyway, i re-installed, and when windows reboots after copying files it brings up an error just after post, i found that this error is because my bios doesn't recognise my sata II drive :blink: . Now most ppl would say just flash bios to the latest version, not so easy, i have latest bios version, but no way of putting it on a floppy, i was thinkin maybe a bootable cd, and i know there is also a way of writting awdflash+bin file to a disk that will auto-run and flash bios to what ever version you like, can anyone help pls. :unsure:

Thanks in advance

I'm confused...you had reinstalled windows..and had sata drive and IDE?...was the SATA recongize then?..but your bio's doesn't recognize it now..but you got windows installed on it?.....have you check your Bio's to make sure the SATA drive is set as the Boot HD and not the IDE.

Edited by jroc

Other drives are not connected atm, only sata, opt, floppy and there are no settings in the bios in regard to specific boot ie IDE, SATA.

This mobo is an ASUS A8N-SLI-PREMIUM, it has detected my sata drive but cannot boot from it, as far as i have searched, the only reason it wont boot from my sata is because the bios is not configuring the windows setup for that drive correctly, therfore the bios needs to be updated, its 1009 atm, and i want to flash to 1303.

Edited by BJMckay

Other drives are not connected atm, only sata, opt, floppy and there are no settings in the bios in regard to specific boot ie IDE, SATA.

This mobo is an ASUS A8N-SLI-PREMIUM, it has detected my sata drive but cannot boot from it, as far as i have searched, the only reason it wont boot from my sata is because the bios is not configuring the windows setup for that drive correctly, therfore the bios needs to be updated, its 1009 atm, and i want to flash to 1303.

if you can boot from a CDROM...then this site has files to make a CDROM Boot..you will need to then burn or add the bio's file and utility.

http://www.bootdisk.com/

look at the left hand side for:

BOOTABLE CD

CD To Read/Write/Copy/Delete/Edit Files On NTFS DRIVEs

Need To Flash Your BIOS On A PC With No 1.44 Floppy

Edited by jroc

Well i have flashed bios to 1303, but still getting 'error loading operating system' just after post, it seems that windows setup see's the sata drive formats it and copies the setup files, then windows setup reboots to begin installation process, then it fails to load.

Well i have flashed bios to 1303, but still getting 'error loading operating system' just after post, it seems that windows setup see's the sata drive formats it and copies the setup files, then windows setup reboots to begin installation process, then it fails to load.

BSOD ?

BSOD ?

Nope, it doesn't get that far, error occours at end of post screen.