Deployment ends in reduced functionality mode

Hi there,

Having a problem with our Vista deployment, where it ends in reduced functionality mode

It doesn't really come as a surprise as when I sysprepped the image I purposely told sysprep not to rearm the 30 day trial. I'd much rather "edit" an image (so to speak) than to simply re create it. Oracle isn't the most fun to install as are multiple other programs we use so once they're on I'd rather leave it alone.

Anyway as the 30day countdown has long expired since deployment as soon as Vista has finished establishing itself it jumps into reduced functionality mode. I've tried adding a batch script with the slmgr -rearm and -ato commands at first run but it doesn't seem to run it. I have to do it manually. RFM seems to kick in before firstrun.

Given that you can only use the rearm script 3 times or so before it fails I don't want to use it before creating the image.

Does anybody have any ideas or will SP1 sort this out somehow?

Cheers :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just giving an update here. What I've done in the meantime is created the image when Windows has been activated with the KMS server.

This gives me about 6 months of use before I have to "edit" the image again so to speak