My dvd dont boot in bios

Mini Franki

Hi,

My dvd dont boot in bios.... I take my original vista dvd, i extract all files, i put a new language with Vlite and after i burn. The new dvd only load in windows, and not in the bios(boot sequence is perfectly configured because i can boot my windows XP cd)

My vista dvd boot when i tried in Virtual PC... Why that not work in the bios???

I try to make a ISO from my new vista DVD, after i open it with magiciso and he write "Bootable"

Now, i reallly dont understand

thx

Virtual PC FTW?.I used to burn all my testimages until i found out about this great tool.It has saved me ALOT of testing time.

Try checking your DVD-ROM(is the data cable correctly connected etc).Also your BIOS settings may be wrong.If the DVD still doesent boot then i dont know...

Generally it is not suggested to burn such delicate images at speeds over 2x.I burn always @1x.Yes it takes longer but atleast with no possible errors

Edited by Tomorrow

Yeah i tested my DVD on Vistual PC and that work perfectly... But in the bios, noting. The boot sequence is perfectly configured(i can load my XP cd)

If someone have another solution, thx to give it to me :)

If not, i will try to burn at 2x

dude, how can it be a problem with vlite if the image boots fine is virtual pc? instead of wasting dvds just get yourself a dvd rw and test it out using that.. and don't burn with speeds excess of 2x. if you don't like that particular suggestion then good luck to you mate.

In case when vLite's ISO engine isn't compatible with your drive you can install Microsoft WAIK and use oscdimg.exe to make the ISO after vLite.

And then burn the ISO with whatever you find. ImageBurn, Nero...

Edited by nuhi

I burned my DVD at 8x

Its not that the problem ;)

I had the same problem recently. I always burn at 4x and I've never had a problem in the past but suddenly all the ISOs that I create with vLite wouldn't boot when i burned them to DVD. I was going to try burning at a slower speed but vLite and Nero won't let me choose a speed slower than 4x.

After making several coasters, I finally got one that worked. I guess it could have been bad disks?

In case when vLite's ISO engine isn't compatible with your drive

I don't understand this. What do you mean vLite ISO not compatible with my drive? If you make a bootable ISO, why would it matter what drive you use or what speed you burn at?

Just trying to learn and understand.

Once with the older CDRom drive (not saying that yours is old) I couldn't boot the burned ISO with nLite (same ISO engine as in vLite) but in Virtual PC it worked fine.

Then I remade the ISO with mkisofs, burned it and then it was ok. So try the oscdimg, it will probably help.

1- My DVD RAM is new.... Its the newest version of LG... I have a very good burning drive

2- I buy an DVD-RW and i find the real problem... Vlite or magiciso(i extract files of the UIF before vlite). I burned my original ISO on my dvd and that work perfectly... When i burn the modified ISO with vlite, that not work...

Now, do you have a solution???

thx

EDIT: For fix that problem, put in the vlite option, an option for remake the Boot Sector. Or put in vlite, the possibility to modify an image directly

Edited by Mini Franki