Installing a ripped-out printer?

daroga

Hey all,

In my latest vLite install I ripped out all the drivers save for the ones I used in my laptop. However, I did not include any printer drivers, figuring I'd just download them as I needed them.

We've got HP Laserjet 4's here on campus and obvious Windows has no drivers for them. However, HP's site just says, "Drivers are in Windows..." and doesn't allow me to download anything. Is there a way to reinstall that printer? Can I rip it out of a cab file from my Vista disc? Am I SOL unless I make a new ISO and do a fresh install?

Thanks!

Why people dont read? :angry: .In vLite it actually says that some manufacturers use the integrated part of printer support along with their own drivers(ie-their own drivers need printer support to function).
Yeah, why don't people read? If you read again, I didn't take out the printer support, I took out the Vista driver library, so thus the printer driver that was there is now gone and HP simply assumes (rightly so) that it's there. Just looking for a solution to that.

nuhi: thanks for the link. I'll check that out. :)

Edited by daroga