Help using no-ip with 2 server machines

swancd

Hi,

We have 2 servers (1 SBS and 1 Standard). The SBS server is connected directly in to the cable modem and also into an internal switch. The Standard server is just connected to the internal switch. It gets its internet from the SBS.

The customer used to use no-ip to access both PCs remotely. They used companyname.no-ip.info:80 to get to the SBS and then companyname.no-ip.info:81 to access the server standard.

The Standard server has died and it not bootable. It has been replaced with a new one but we were not the guys who installed the previous server.

What is the best way to use the no-ip using the different ports to gain access to both servers.

Thanks

i have never used no-ip, however

does the new server have the software installed? does it have the same internal address as the previous server did? i assume it would just work although like i say i have never used no-ip.

and i know i say this to everyone but have you tried Logmein? its the best remote control software there is and its free :)

no-ip is just a dynamic DNS utility ... it's up to you to do the rest. Given the 80/81 port choices I'd assume they were using the TS-Web connection. Their router should have the ports (80 & 81) forwarded to whatever internal target IP they used before.

Check the SBS server's config to verify what they were doing and just match up the rest. (IP, Port, & TS-Web Connect install if necessary)

SOLVED

Used ISA Server on the SBS to forward. So when they use companyname.no-ip.info it goes to SBS and when they use companyname.no-ip.info:8001 it goes to the Standard Edition server.

Couldn't use IP's as their ISP doesn't give static IPs and there is no router, the cable modem is direct to the SBS server.

Thanks for your comments.