Attempting to slipstream XP Pro SP2 with nLite...

CarpeNoctu

I have an XP Pro disk that has SP 1 integrated. I'm attempting to slipstream SP 2 and its updates. NLite is telling me that I first have to remove SP 1 before I can proceed... My problem is, I don't know how to get rid of SP 1... Anyone got some ideas for me?

ThanX

You can't remove SP1 from already slipstreamed source, however you can manually integrate SP2 with following command:

WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU /integrate:C:\XPCD

Be sure to user your own paths.

Although i have never personally tried it(as i use the 'with SP2' source), then i'm pretty sure that you have misunderstood nuhi, as you clearly should be able to slipstream SP2 onto a 'WinXP with SP1(a)' source or a SP1(a) slipstreamed source. Granted, it will be a little cleaner if done on a WinXP source without any SP's included(by MS) or slipstreamed(by yourself), as there will be redundant files like e.g. :

.\WIN51IP.SP1

.\i386\sp1.cab

.\i386\sp1.cat

But other than this, then there is absolutely no problems by doing this whatsoever! SP's are specifically made to support scenarious like this...

Thanks for all the help, guys... It is greatly appreciated. I'm going to go back and try it again...

I know that nlite told me that I couldn't place sp2 on top of sp1, but it may be that I missed something... Anyway...

Thanks again