Nlited XP SP2 Odd Behavior

ashpar

Hello,

I am having all kinds of issues getting a nlited copy of XP w/SP2 to work. It works fine if all I do is integrate the SATA HDD but when I add a couple of add ons (IE7, WMP11, Google Toolbar, FireFox and Ultra ISO), things go sideways.

I have a Dell OEM CD from my Dell PC and I also have tried a corporate copy with SP2.

For the most part, the nlite process goes smoothly and I get an ISO but when I test the ISO in VMware, I either get some sort of a SIF error (happened twice) OR the setup in VMWare does NOT finish and it just keeps rebooting itself over and over. A few times I got a page file error so I fixed that by letting Windows manager it for me but the last 5 tests I have done, VMware will not finish set up.

I have removed most of the add ons but still same issues. I am guessing that I am removing something else but I really do not know what could be causing the infinite reboots in VMWare.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

:angry:

• 2 weeks later...

If you have'nt already sorted this by now, delete your source folder and nlite config files (saved sessions) and start again this time when you've done upload your new last session from nlite i dont know why no ones replied yet, is it illegal to alter with OEM versions?

This happened to me before these continous reboots on vmware but it was due to the priorty of integrating like

1. wmp11 restart nlite

2. IE 7 restart nlite

3. micro updates/hotfixes restart nlite | delete all last sessions

4. make windows

understood if you dont reply LOL (been 9 dayz)

Edited by maly1