Installer created from vlite not bootable...need help

bulag_01

Hello,

We just got a new laptop with vista premium in it and it has a lot of freeware which greatly slows down the laptop. I came across this thread http://www.msfn.org/board/Tutorial-Clean-W...ed-t102095.html which allows me to perform a clean vista installation. After reading the thread I found some links which tells me that I can use the 'WAU' folder to replace the Windows Anytime Upgrade DVD or Vista Retail.

Here is the procedure taken from http://directedge.us/node/24

What if I have the Anytime Upgrade DVD already on my hard drive? Some manufacturers are now copying the contents of the Anytime Upgrade DVD directly onto the hard disk of the computer (sometimes in a hidden folder called "WAU"). The problem is that you cannot directly burn this to a DVD and then boot from it to do a clean install. To create a bootable DVD from these files:

1. Download, install, and run vLite

2. Select the location with the WAU folder

3. Select your vista version

4. Select the ISO button and make the ISO - you can create an image or directly burn to DVD.

Now you should have a bootable Anytime Upgrade DVD you can use for a clean install. Thanks to seven11 for the steps. (Note: You can do a lot of other things with vLite too, but I would avoid messing with anything else in there until you know what you are doing with it).

I followed the steps but vlite didnt create a bootable dvd for me and I already wasted 5 dvd's and got no results

When I checked the DVD made by vlite it contains this files: sources folder, autorun, Last session, and Setup

Can anyone point me to the right direction or is it impossible?

thx in advance

Where is the "boot" folder? Also I have bootmgr file in the root, not sure if it's crucial.

Test your ISO in Virtual PC or with rewriteable media, or USB stick, what's the point of using DVDR other than making coasters, even if it works you just need them once.

Me my dvd dont boot!

I create an iso with this DVD and when i open it in magiciso, that write "bootable"

I tried to boot my DVD on Vistual PC and that work.... Why that not work with the boot bios(my bios is perfectly configured)??? however, My windows xp CD work

Someone can help me for get a Vista bootable???