Gears of War won't load, I need a missing system file

ninjax6792

I installed Gears of War anhour ago after buying it from Gamestop, and whenever I try to play it the game times out and I never get past my desktop. After further investigation I went into the program files and tried starting the file that has been giving me troubles: "WarGame-G4WLive.A258" Upon clicking a warning comes up saying: "This application has failed to start vecause wxmsw262u.dll was not found." I'v uninstalled and reinstalled twice with no change and I have no idea how I can fix this problem. Please I need help asap

yeah i was missing a file when i installed that game too the one that HAS THE STINKING CROSSHAIRS IN IT!! Seriously, they made a FPS/3PS where you cant see where you are aiming. I found it to be the most frustrating thing ever. :realmad: waste of 50$ because i can't even play it without getting ticked off. and no i am NOT gonna stick tape to my monitor.

my apologies for going off-topic here but i felt it had to be said

I was about to buy that game...there are no cross hairs in it? I dont know about you but that makes it impossible to aim especially from an off the shoulder type of view...I have never heard of that complaint from other people though...surely there is a game setting that enables the cross hairs?

I looked all over the forums for it but apparently its and 'artistic' decision to make it more 'realistic' (because) killing when hundreds of people with a handheld rocket launcher/chaingun while dressed in 3000 pounds of armor, I want realism and a crosshair in the middle of the screen just shatters all the realism for me.

http://www.firingsquad.com/news/newsarticl...?searchid=12610

Cliff Bleszinski: They’ll not only have to think they’ll have to take cover and target. Standing in the open means death and shooting without aiming is a total roll of the dice. We don’t hand the player a crosshair when he’s not targeting because the crosshair would be the entire size of the screen.

yeah im not looking for a precision pinpoint accurate chaingun but i would like an easy way to locate the center of my 24" monitor (i could easily find the middle of a 15") without having to think about it.

To make matters worse I have a 30 inch screen! But it does mention though that the targeting reticle is not available when he is not targetting...which means that when he does the reticle shows up?

Edited by suryad

left click=fire (to crosshair)

hold right right click= see 'scope/reticule' but you loose perspective on your character while doing it

its annoying as hell to me. feels like a real s***ty port from console to PC (i know its not but it just comes off that way)

The problem I have with Gears Of War is that it keeps crashing randomly which is annoying. When will Epic release more patches to fix this? I installed the latest patch 1.1 and the game still crashes. A buggy game release and they didn't even bother doing enough testing before releasing it.

Edited by Thunderbolt 2864

its annoying as hell to me. feels like a real s***ty port from console to PC (i know its not but it just comes off that way)

You could say the same thing about the other Epic game that just came out, UT3. Alot of people have been complaining certain things, particularly the console menus and the gamespy problem, Epic just deletes the posts and topics which are negative. I refuse to buy the game until i see some improvements, they seem to be abandoning pc gamers. :angry:

• 3 months later...

You guys need to get a 360 pad for your machines, then its left trigger crosshair - and left analog click for the zoom within Sniper!

Great game i love it!

Although i do totally agree - the PC version is buggy, but so is the 360 version!