DriverForge v5.0! - An Automatic Driver Installer

kickarse

• 3 weeks later...

Don't worry people I haven't forgotten about you all! I've been working on a program called FindHWIDS and haven't had any time to focus on DriverForge. I'll do so soon enough and fix some bugs and add some nice functionality.

Please let me know what features you'd like to be added. We'll see if we can't add them for you.

• 2 weeks later...

good job for DriverForge, I'm just trying with driverpack and it's seems to run great.

What about Check_For_Wizard_Title in .ini ? I must replace english text to my localized french native language ? If yes, can you post screenshot of what text replace ?

Please let me know what features you'd like to be added. We'll see if we can't add them for you.

Ability to scan in parent dir sub folders for compressed drivers in said sub folders.

Edited by Zacam

• 2 weeks later...
good job for DriverForge, I'm just trying with driverpack and it's seems to run great.

What about Check_For_Wizard_Title in .ini ? I must replace english text to my localized french native language ? If yes, can you post screenshot of what text replace ?

Yes you would take out what's there now and localize it to your own language.

Ability to scan in parent dir sub folders for compressed drivers in said sub folders.

I can do that :)

How can I use the Post_Script Feature?

My Script will started with

C:\WINDOWS\CSCRIPT.EXE C:\NETINST\postinst.js

What are the Post_Script Settings for that? What is important?

Add it C:\Netint\postinst.js to the Switches part of the section. So Post_Script_Switches=C:\Netint\postinst.js

• 1 month later...

v.5 - 2009-06-12

+ Fixed issues with DevicePath registry settings, will revert back to original location previous to DriverForge installation

- Removed Pre and Post scripts, users can do that with a batch and automation

- Fixed GUI wording

+ Added an option to add default Windows DevicePath to registry

+ Made all files install to Temp folder

+ Fixed edit code to delete all installed temp files

I'll be releasing the code shortly.

• 1 month later...

Please forgive me if this should be obvious, but my Windows skills are a bit rusty :)

I am using DriverForge v5, and I downloaded all the latest driverpacks from http://driverpacks.net/driverpacks/latest and put them in the same directory.

I run DriverForge and point it to my folder with all the 7zipped driverpacks, and set the output to a folder on the hard drive.

Then the 7zip pop-up window says it had an error opening every drivepack that it tried to open, so of course no drivers are installed.

Do I need to download a 7zip.dll or .exe to be able to unarchive these driverpacks?

Or should I just install 7zip and unarchive all the drivers manually to one directoy?

Thanks in advance for anyone's help (and for not flamming me).

No you should not need to have anything for 7zip installed. I just tested it and had no problems.

Does your path already exist that you entered for the "Path to uncompressed driver files location"?

Flaming is highly frowned upon here, so it would be extremely bad form for a MOD to do it, besides, everyone has some problem every now and then, from the simple "I should have seen that" to the overly complicated.

• 2 weeks later...
So far only tested in Windows XP Professional - English. Should work mostly in any language and Windows 2000, 2003. Supposedly works in Vista, works in LiveXP.

It tested with Windows XP; Home and Professional and worked 100 time without a signal issue but Never worked on Windows Vista 32bit. I tested on Windows VISTA Home and Vista Business.

DriverForge starts and seems to be working normally for a few seconds but closes itself without messages after about 1 minuets. please help. we can test you any version on Vista.

Thanks.

No you should not need to have anything for 7zip installed. I just tested it and had no problems.

Does your path already exist that you entered for the "Path to uncompressed driver files location"?

The path to the uncompressed driver files location did not exist before. I just now tried creating a folder on C: named "drivers" and used that in DriverForge, but got same result.

I wonder if something is wrong with the 10 driver zip files I downloaded. Do you know of another place I could get them all, or is http://driverpacks.net/driverpacks/latest the only place?

Complete details: I downloaded DriverForge v5 to a folder on my thumb drive named "DriverForge". I also downloaded all the 10 driverpacks from the above link and put them in the same folder on the thumb drive. I create a folder on the C": drive called "drivers". When I run DriverForge from the thumb drive, I tell it the path to the uncompressed drivers = C:\drivers, the path to the compressed drivers = E:\DriverForge. Then I still get the 7zip pop-up window with an error message (0 through 9) for each 7zip driverpack file saying "Can not open file'._DP_CPU_wnt5_5_..." et cetera.

Flaming is highly frowned upon here, so it would be extremely bad form for a MOD to do it, besides, everyone has some problem every now and then, from the simple "I should have seen that" to the overly complicated.

Thanks! It is much appreciated :thumbup

Edited by ndutyme

Driverpacks.net is the only place I know of to get the packs from.

The process you are going through is identical to what I do except I have put the compressed drivers into a folder on my thumbdrive for organization purposes.

As a test I just perform a test on a clean buiild, no 7-zip installed, driverforge and 12 dirverpacks at the root of a UFD, set uncompressed drivers to c:\drivers (not pre-created), set compressed drivers to root of UFD, hit start and away it went.

I would lean towards you having corrupt driverpacks or driverforge executable.

If you install 7-zip can you manually extract the ten driverpacks to c:\drivers?