DriverForge v5.0! - An Automatic Driver Installer

kickarse

Hi kickarse,

I like to use your DriverForge Tool to integrate drivers to a Bart-PE environment at boot-time. Bart-PE has its own PnP-detection. Useing your DriverForge under Bart-PE i lose some Storage-Devices within the Windows Explorer. Furthermore your Tool needs a long time under Bart-PE.

Is it possible to modify your tool to inhibit the PnP-Hardware detection? I need a Tool which only copy the driver-files to there propper Folders and build the INFCACHE.1

Hi soso,

Here are some additional information for you:

there is "Driver Import PE" at http://www.kare-net.de/ for BartPE (specifically for PE)

also both "Driver Import PE" and "Driver Forge" works with LiveXP: http://www.boot-land.net/forums/?showtopic=5213

And For "Driver Forge" in LiveXP there are some test results and script (plugin) you can find here: http://www.boot-land.net/forums/?showtopic=5277

ps: LiveXP is another PE, i was using BartPE before, now migrated to LiveXP :thumbup

Edited by Lancelot_Real

• 2 months later...
can I install from an UNC path? If yes, how?

Yes, in "Path to Compressed Driver Files Location" put it like this \\Server\Drivers

or in driverforge.ini

I hope it help you

[AutoInstall]
Automatic_Install=Y
Silent_Install=N
Sleep_at_Start=1
Show_Device_Manager=Y
Delete_Uncompressed_Drivers=Y
[Drivers]
Compressed_Driver_Location=\\server\drivers
Uncompressed_Driver_Location=C:\Drivers
[Settings]
Restart_Machine=N
Show_Device_Manager=Y
Check_For_Wizard_Title=Found New Hardware Wizard
Driver_Install_Method=Native
Driver_Signing_Policy_Pre=IgnoreUser
Driver_Signing_Policy_Post=Warn
[Scripts]
Pre_Script=N
Pre_Script_File=
Pre_Script_Show=
Pre_Script_Wait=
Pre_Script_Switches=
Post_Script=N
Post_Script_File=
Post_Script_Show=
Post_Script_Wait=
Post_Script_Switches=

Edited by ty628659

can I install from an UNC path? If yes, how?

Yes, in "Path to Compressed Driver Files Location" put it like this \\Server\Drivers

or in driverforge.ini

I hope it help you

[AutoInstall]
Automatic_Install=Y
Silent_Install=N
Sleep_at_Start=1
Show_Device_Manager=Y
[Drivers]
Compressed_Driver_Location=\\server\drivers
Uncompressed_Driver_Location=C:\Drivers
[Settings]
Restart_Machine=N
Show_Device_Manager=Y
Driver_Install_Method=Native
Driver_Signing_Policy_Pre=IgnoreUser
Driver_Signing_Policy_Post=Warn
[Scripts]
Pre_Script=N
Pre_Script_File=
Pre_Script_Show=
Pre_Script_Wait=
Pre_Script_Switches=
Post_Script=N
Post_Script_File=
Post_Script_Show=
Post_Script_Wait=
Post_Script_Switches=

Thanks, I tried it but it has no rights to go into that share without correct user. How to set a domain user and password?

hi kickarse,

first of all many thanks for your software.

i have a question about the speed of drivers installation.

but before, i tell you the story.

i have a winxp image with a sysprep and a lot of scripts running after the first boot.

Several times per year, i need to add drivers and make tests to be sure everything is okay

so, drivers (driver pack and a lot of additional one) are stored in the local drive and i manage 2 image (one before sysprep and one once sysprep has run)

my objective is to avoid this and centrally manage the drivers on a server so i only need updated network drivers in my image.

I have made several test to check the speed of drivers installation and it is almost impossible to use network for drivers installation (too much time)

when using a local drive all is okay.

I have more than 25000 different id's in my drivers directory and the size in near 1Gb uncompressed (less than 200Gb compressed).

I dont want to lose time unpacking drivers from the network (could be very long on old machine).

I have made an autoit script mapping a network drive and launching driverforge (works very well using local drive but very slow when using network).

I dont think this is a network issue because i have made test with 2 connected machine and its very long too)

Do you have any idea of what is wrong ?

instead of rescanning the entire hardware tree is there a whay to install only missing drivers ?

so i'm complety voiceless, i will make additional tests and keep you informed of the result.

You have made something very good and you can improve it to be a great software.

thank you in advance for your valuable support.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I have some problem with installing a ibm laptop wireless nic on a x41.

driverforge dosen't find the card. i have tryed to change the installing mode to DEVCON and HWPNP to try to see if that made any difference.. but every time driverforge run it says "installing drivers using windows native mode" am i doing something wrong and not devcon mode or hwpnp ,. I insert this line in the ini file. :

Driver_Install_Method=Devcon under the settings section. and save the file and startup driverforge. but still .it says that it runs in nativemode..

hm can you help me ?

I have tryed to test alot of printer drivers and other drivers and the installer works exelent!! but only that **** nic driver wont be found.. :realmad:

Hello here ,

first ^^ sorry for my english :)

i thinks my solution of my problem is here , but i dont find it , or i dont undersant it ^^

i have make my WPI dvd and when Driverforge start , he say error because he dont find any driver in this path , because my path is C:\Users\*****\Documents\Vista32OK\WPI\Install\Nvidia Original Acer Nat

i tinks i need put the CD/DVD path for it work...

i hope you understand me :)

big thx for your help.

Hi guys thanks for this awesome app however.... Im in need of a little help.

I have read this thread from start to finish and Im not sure how to proceed to use it from the start kinda thing. Do we still use Driver Base to slipstream them in and then use this or not?

I would like to use this for the standard driverpacks and have it run unattended without the box about driver signing. Would it be possible if somebody could write a small tut on how to sort this out Im somewhat lost, sorry for being a reet n00b!!! :(

Also will this include the Mass Storage packs into the txt mode part of the XP install?

I will have a play around with it and see what happens.

Any and all help very much appreciated though :)

Stoner81.

Edited by Stoner81

actually its very easy to use! Here is what I do.

Download the program, and all the drivers you wish to use. You will not need anything else (the base, etc)

I put everything into one folder at the root of the CD. I call it "drivers"

Run the program, it will ask for locations and options, do everything EXCEPT do not "install". When you have everything set up how you want it, click "Ini file" button, and create it in the same folder.

Now, every time you click the program, it will read this .ini and do whatever you specified.

Since this is a simple stand alone program, it will not do anything for txt mode

Here is my .ini in case you want to cheat:

[AutoInstall]
Automatic_Install=Y
Silent_Install=N
Sleep_at_Start=1
[Drivers]
Compressed_Driver_Location=CD\
Uncompressed_Driver_Location=%SYSTEMDRIVE%\D
[Settings]
Restart_Machine=N
Show_Device_Manager=N
Driver_Signing_Policy_Pre=IgnoreMachine
Driver_Signing_Policy_Post=IgnoreMachine
[Scripts]
Pre_Script=N
Pre_Script_File=
Pre_Script_Show=
Pre_Script_Wait=
Pre_Script_Switches=
Post_Script=N
Post_Script_File=
Post_Script_Show=
Post_Script_Wait=
Post_Script_Switches=

Edited by gospeed

But what do you do when there is a driver that driverforge dosen't reconize ? I have a laptop with a wireless lan adapter that can't be installed using driver forge but all my other driver work fine getting installed using driver forge. hmm- is read there was different install modes but can't get em to work

actually its very easy to use! Here is what I do.

Download the program, and all the drivers you wish to use. You will not need anything else (the base, etc)

I put everything into one folder at the root of the CD. I call it "drivers"

Run the program, it will ask for locations and options, do everything EXCEPT do not "install". When you have everything set up how you want it, click "Ini file" button, and create it in the same folder.

Now, every time you click the program, it will read this .ini and do whatever you specified.

Since this is a simple stand alone program, it will not do anything for txt mode

Here is my .ini in case you want to cheat:

[AutoInstall]
Automatic_Install=Y
Silent_Install=N
Sleep_at_Start=1
[Drivers]
Compressed_Driver_Location=CD\
Uncompressed_Driver_Location=%SYSTEMDRIVE%\D
[Settings]
Restart_Machine=N
Show_Device_Manager=N