DriverForge v5.0! - An Automatic Driver Installer

kickarse

sorry it took so long to get to. I've been busy at work and haven't had a change before to test the error again but i have the error now. it happens during the installing drivers portion.

Can you search your computer for the file syssetup.dll and let me know it's full path?? And possibly send me your 2k version of the syssetup.dll file?

Edited by kickarse

• 2 weeks later...

wow your work is awesoming,

now,it is that i understand.

If i had mountains of drivers that Driverspacks, i can use it, to search for the correct driver for the machine?

let me know if its rigth

lol its great.

thanks. :hello:

Would like to inform you that version 4.1.2 created some kind of bug that made the driverinstallation fail on any norwegian XP version (english worked).

Version 4.0 works on the norwegian version without any problems. :thumbup

The problem must be in the driver-install phase, since the extraction of the driver-files work fine, but I'm not sure if driverpack can find the drivers after extraction.

This is the .ini I use with Driverforge 4.0:

[AutoInstall]

UnAttended=Y

AutoCheck7zLoc=Y

DeleteUncompressedDrivers=Y

RestartMachine=N

ShowDevMgr=N

VerySilent=N

Sleep_at_Start=1

[Driver]

7zRoot=N

7zRootLoc=

DriverRoot=N

DriverRootLoc=

Use_System_Root_INF=Y

7zLoc=C:\Diverse\Drivere\Drivere

DriverExtract=C:\Diverse\Drivere\Ukomprimert

[Misc]

CheckForWizardTitle=Veiviser for funnet maskinvare

Delete_Existing_Driver_Log=Y

The only difference I could see from 4.0 -> 4.1.2 is that the line "Use_System_Root_INF=Y" was removed.

Could you check the changes between those two versions to see if anything you did could have cause this bug?

Any suggestions?

hi am having a problem ...

i was just testing this locally on a machine.. i uinstalled a few drivers and ran this app.. i chose the compressed driver location and the path to extract it too.. well extraction takes time and everything went fine.. the misisng drivers were installed.. but i want to avoid the extraction process.. so i want to put all the extracted drivers in a folder.. so wat changes to do i need to make in the ini file..please help

thanks

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry if my question is already replied.

this support Windows XP x64??

If it isn't , what application I can use to sliptream my SATA drivers?.

Thank's in advanced.

Take care

Edited by estecb

hi am having a problem ...

i was just testing this locally on a machine.. i uinstalled a few drivers and ran this app.. i chose the compressed driver location and the path to extract it too.. well extraction takes time and everything went fine.. the misisng drivers were installed.. but i want to avoid the extraction process.. so i want to put all the extracted drivers in a folder.. so wat changes to do i need to make in the ini file..please help

thanks

Ahh, I'm not sure why but I'm planning on rewriting the driver import/scanning function instead of using a third party tool.

I'm sorry if my question is already replied.

this support Windows XP x64??

If it isn't , what application I can use to sliptream my SATA drivers?.

Thank's in advanced.

Take care

The program won't allow you to slipstream your drivers onto a cd. You can use nlite for that though. Or bashrat's driverpacks.

Hi kickarse! Having some issues with 4.4 :( (possibly download corruption); noticed last night the 'header art' was missing

post-123638-1217170589_thumb.jpg

(still pretty but needs a bit of makeup :lol: )

Tried new downloads but now .exe corrupted :}

Time for another update? :rolleyes:

EDIT: Sorry, problem on my end, will have to TS - Ignore above!

Edited by amalux

Hi kickarse! Having some issues with 4.4 :( (possibly download corruption); noticed last night the 'header art' was missing

Phew! Are you going to re-screenshot for boot-land?

Phew! Are you going to re-screenshot for boot-land?

Well, we're not out of the woods yet; there seems to something missing in v.4.3 and 4.4 that causes this odd behavior. I have to go back and re-install v.4.1.2 (last version I have before 4.3) to get missing functionality and then 4.3 and 4.4 work fine! :wacko: Does this make sense to you?

hi kickarse,

nice work,

v4.4 worked nice for me i will try old versions too, i wrote sth here maybe/maybenot you get interested.

http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?...ost&p=40541

only one question, is there a plan of making command parameter to DriverForge beside driverforge.ini file?

example: cmd: DriverForge D:\dpsdrivers %systemroot%\system32\drivers ............

hi kickarse,

nice work,

v4.4 worked nice for me i will try old versions too, i wrote sth here maybe/maybenot you get interested.

http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?...ost&p=40541

only one question, is there a plan of making command parameter to DriverForge beside driverforge.ini file?

example: cmd: DriverForge D:\dpsdrivers %systemroot%\system32\drivers ............

Possibly at some point. But I wanted to make sure it worked first before I added additional functionality. I updated the post at boot-land.

Is it just the image Amalux?

Edited by kickarse