Does nLite handle multiple NICs?

linuxmagnate

Hi again,

I made my second nLite ISO last night - 688MB, of which 405MB was addons! The install went perfectly - I didn't need to use F6 to install my SATA RAID driver, and I didn't need to type anything at all after formatting C:, it just went straight through to the final reboot.

When I logged in, I was gratified to see that all the addons had installed flawlessly - including all the .NET frameworks and DirectX (see other thread).

The only problem is that my 3Com NIC driver wasn't installed. The nVidia NIC driver *was* installed - this is the one I integrated using nLite. With a normal XP install it's the other way round - Windows automatically installs the 3Com driver, but doesn't have the nVidia driver.

So it seems that by integrating one NIC driver, nLite assumed that it didn't need to install any others (even though I deliberately didn't remove the ethernet drivers component).

Is there a way round this, so that nLite will install both drivers?

Thanks in advance,

CC

how did you integrate nvidia nic driver? and what nvidia nic you got, i mean is it nforce 2,3,4?

I have nforce 2 - an Asus A7N8X. I integrated a set of nforce2 drivers which come as a single zipped download from Asus - the audio driver, the SMBus driver, etc. Asus expects you to install them using the setup.exe provided, but I just unpacked the archive and pointed nLite at the unpacked folder and it happily found and integrated all the drivers. They were all installed and are now working fine.

Any ideas why the 3Com driver wasn't installed? I'm certain it wasn't removed from the iso - the "ethernet" option is unchecked in the "Remove Components" screen, so the ethernet drivers are all still there.

CC