updating windows annoyance

bardos

i have automatic updates turned on. "download updates for me but let me chose when to install them". so the updates download automatically and then i install them. keep working and then i get this terribly;y annoying pop-out window every few minutes asking me to restart my computer. any way to turn this off? it's really annoying.

The easiest would be to restart, but you can also disable it in the group policy editor.

Start -> Run -> gpedit.msc

navigate to: Computer Configuration -> Administrative Template -> Windows Components -> Windows Update

Double click on No auto-restart for scheduled Automatic Updates installations

In the settings window Choose Enabled and click OK

Close Group Policy Editor

nope, this does not work. it is possible that what i have requested has not been understood: i am talking about an annoying windows automatic update message that pops out form the tray after you have installed updates and practically obliges you to reboot when you do not want to. When you click on "restart later", windows xp's idea of "later" is that you need constant reminders, say about every five minutes. that's when it reminds you again. annoying. anyone know how to get rid of this behaviour?