setuplog.txt errors

HappyJack

Can anyone tell me please if the following errors in setuplog.txt are normal after installing an nLited XP Pro SP3 install?

Seems to be many which go on and on and on...

01/10/2008 14:26:10.961,d:\xpsp\base\ntsetup\syssetup\log.c,133,,The system file named [c:\windows\system32\] could not be copied into the DLL cache.

This file may be necessary to maintain system stability.

01/10/2008 14:26:10.961,d:\xpsp\base\ntsetup\syssetup\log.c,133,,The system file named [c:\windows\system32\] could not be copied into the DLL cache.

Thanks for your help :)

Edited by HappyJack

Can anyone help me out with this please :hello:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I have searched under error log and nuhi talks about a clean error log.

Mind you that is in the context of slipstreaming XP with SP3. Perhaps he didn't remove any items as part of that testing.

Remove Components Broken

But I get heaps of error lines, a lot saying the same thing :wacko:

Edited by HappyJack

OK. So I did some testing (that's what this site is all about right?). When I did an XP Pro slip with SP3 ONLY, I found there were NO errors (SUPRISE!!). Everything was as you would expect.

So I guess without anyone replying to my original email, that the answer is; YES, it is normal to have errors in the error log, particularly when you have removed parts of Windows and added other things as well.

So to all you fellow newbies out there, don't be too concerned with errors in the log, I think it just means that your slipstreaming is working as it should. :thumbup

PS. Then again, I could have this totally wrong. Please reply if that is the case. Dohh! :wacko:

Edited by HappyJack